22Apple is classified as malicious browser add-on that can be installed on your computer along with other freeware and shareware you download from internet or P2P software. The add-on will affect all kinds of web browsers including IE, firefox and Chrome. If you have 22Apple on your computer, it is recommended to wipe it off as soon as possible. It is detected that the add-on modifies web browser settings, HOST files and security settings and attempt to hijack the browser. Your homepage may be replaced by 22Apple.com, the site opens itself automatically at a new tab from time to time, undesired websites and advertisement may pop up. Those are the most common problems caused by 22Apple. What you are not aware of is the add-on also collect sensitive information on the background and thus you may lose online account and get more pc threats from the internet. It is similar to browser hijacker virus that can control your web browser and build connection with malicious domain. If your browser is redirected constantly, you could remove 22Apple to have the problem solved.
Method one: manual removal
Maybe you never think about removing a virus manually, but it is actually a possible way to get rid of 22Apple. You could try to uninstall the toolbar via normal ways such as via add/removal program and browser add-on management.
Take Firefox for example
Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
Type “browser.search.default engine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
Type “browser.search.selected engine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
Method two: a third party removal
If the above manual way does not wipe off 22Apple and stop 22Apple.com redirection effectively, you need help from a powerful virus removal program. However, not all virus removal programs have detection on the malicious toolbar. If you are looking for such a removal program, you should choose Spyware Cease. Spyware Cease can scan the computer and pick up related components of 22Apple. What you need to do is only install the software and launch a scan.
- Error in shdocvm.dll - Fix shdocvm.dll error on your own
- Stop and prevent blue screen error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal effectively
- Boodhound.ST.1 - How to Remove Boodhound.ST.1 safely
- Error 0X4001001300001002 fix - Stop and repair error 0X4001001300001002 instantly
- How to Effectively Uninstall Sigma Player on a Windows PC
- Windows update errors - Possible causes and solutions
- Paragon Total Defrag Removal Guide - How to Uninstall Paragon Total Defrag with Effective Ways
- Steps to Force Uninstall AVI Movie Player from Your Computer
- How to Get Rid of Businesslistingsearch.net Browser Hijacker