Aim-search.net is a malicious domain related to redirect virus that can hijack web browser. The browser hijacker virus will change web browser settings and redirect the browser to Aim-search.net. The website looks like a search engine. Actually it is used to promote tons of suspicious websites and ads. For example, when you search for a program, it could guide you to websites that distribute fake software. The redirect virus could infect some legitimate websites, too. The virus can access a target computer either via websites or Trojans like Backdoor.Wisti. Aim-search.net modify windows registry to enable it works every time you run a web browser. The redirection is not just annoying but also very dangerous. It has been a common way to collect sensitive information on the compromised computer and distribute malicious shareware or freeware. To remove the browser hijacker virus, you have two choices.
Method one how to remove Aim-search.net manually
Manual way is one of the possible ways to get rid of the redirect virus, but you should know it is a hard and risky way. Some users without enough pc knowledge may complete the removal in a wrong way and lead to system errors. To remove Aim-search.net manually, you need to follow the steps below carefully
1. Delete malicious registry entries via registry editor
2. Find out the following files and remove them entirely
Method two an automatic redirect virus removal program
This method can be considered as the most comprehensive and simple way to get rid of the browser hijacker virus. That is to get help from a professional virus removal program. Security programs are designed to save our time and effort to deal with infections like Aim-search.net redirect. It can scan the computer automatically and thoroughly and then tell you which files and registry entries should be removed. Even the removal job is done by the software after you click a button. What is the best virus removal program to wipe off Aim-search.net redirect virus? Experts will recommend advanced security software like Spyware Cease.
- How Can You Thoroughly Uninstall ABF Outlook Express Backup from PC?
- How to Uninstall ABBYY Fine Reader - ABBYY Fine Reader Removal Guide
- How can I speed up my PC and Internet effectively?
- How to Remove Trojan.Downbot.D!gen2 from the Computer
- How Can I Uninstall Digital Patrol? - Complete Digital Patrol Removal Guide
- Why won't my computer do Windows updates? Fix Windows update errors instantly
- Audiodg.exe error fix - Repair audiodg.exe error on your own
- Fltmgr.sys blue screen error - Simple tips to blue screen error quickly
- UxTheme.dll missing - How to fix UxTheme.dll easily on your own?