Alureon belongs to rootkit Trojan such as Trojan.Zeroaccess!g20 that can steal information from the compromised computer. Rootkit Trojans can hide themselves from detection of antivirus programs and also cripple computer security system. There are lots of members in Alureon family and any one of them can ruin your computer. It is detected that the infection will bring additional threats to the compromised computer.
Symptoms of Alureon infection
- Web browser is redirected to unknown sites
- Security programs fail to update
- Unknown icons show up on desktop
- Task manager or registry editor is blocked
Since Alureon rootkit will download other malicious applications, you need to figure out how to get rid of it as soon as possible. There are two possible ways for you.
Method one: manual removal
If you want to remove Alureon manually, you should at least make certain of not damaging the system by any mistake. Some victims randomly delete files they think are malicious and it turns out to break down the system.
1. Run task manager in safe mode and end associated processes
2. The following files are detected to be associated with Alureon. You need to find out them and delete them completely
3. Run registry editor and delete registry entries added by Alureon
Method two: use a virus removal program
Actually, most users will choose this method and this is also more recommended. Using a virus removal program is safer for the system. Antivirus software adopts intelligent technique to identify malicious files from the legitimate. But not all antivirus can detect Alureon rootkit effectively and completely since the Trojan is good at hiding.
To save your time on trying various antivirus programs, I have a good recommendation for you. Spyware Cease is a powerful antispyware program, which can remove Trojans, worms, adware, spyware, malware and so on effectively. It has become a secret tool for many pc technicians. It is proved to be able to remove Alureon completely. What you need to do is download Spyware Cease and start a scan now.
- Removal of Ultimate Media Player - How to Uninstall Ultimate Media Player Thoroughly
- Stop and prevent blue screen error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal effectively
- Tips for Uninstalling Unwanted Elite Proxy Switcher on Windows
- How to Remove Website-unavailable.com instantly
- Uninstall Browser Defender from Your Windows the Easy Way
- How to Remove Backdoor.Rocra!gen1 safely
- Methods to Uninstall System Mechanic Free Thoroughly from Your PC
- iTunes error 7 - Steps to get rid of error 7 in iTunes
- PSD runtime application error - Causes and solutions