Your computer absolutely has no sound all of a sudden? Do you frequently get a message saying “The Audio service is not running” together with a red X on the speaker in the tray? Well, the computer with a sound makes our computer life more and more enjoyable. And it is quite terrible to magic how the life will be without a sound. Stop worrying from now on and here you will get solutions to deal with “The Audio service is not running” issue and get back PC sound easily.
To resolve the “The Audio service is not running” issue, please first check and verify the Windows Audio service by the steps below:
1. Click the Start Button, type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) in the Search Bar and press Enter to bring in the Services pane.
2. Scroll down the list of services, right-click Windows Audio to see whether it is started.
3. If not, please double click the service. In the tab “General “, make sure the “Startup Type” is set to “Automatic”. Then please click the button “Start” under “Service Status” to start this service.
Sometimes, the service will not be started properly even if you have ever performed the above steps. If at this case, you’d better spend several minutes checking the following services:
* Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
* Multimedia Class Scheduler
* Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Also, you can easily run audio Troubleshooter by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Troubleshooting audio playback -> Follow the wizard to complete the troubleshoot.
If the Audio service is already started but an “The Audio service is not running” error message persists, check and make sure that the drivers for your computer hardware devices, especially the sound card driver, are updated to the latest version. We know that peripheral devices include devices that connect to the computer such as printers, scanners, keyboards, sound card, monitor and so on, will only run properly with the help of the corresponding drivers. This is because the computer drivers tell the operating system about the hardware and peripheral devices attached to the computer as well as provide a way for the operating system to communicate with these devices properly. With those drivers, the computer wouldn’t know what has been added to the PC and how to launch them properly. When the computer sound driver or some other drivers goes outdated/missing/broken, the system will fail to establish such relationship and display a “The Audio service is not running” error message or some other errors like startup program errors at PC start. This way, it is quite important for you to check and make sure that all the computer drivers are updated to the latest ones, either manually or automatically with a driver update tool.
After all the above steps, you’d better check and fix Windows registry errors. The registry contains a lot of data that comprises the whole system and all the hardware & software you installed on the PC. It is the database in which all data about your programs and apps that can be found and it tells the system when & how to perform every PC request properly. Helpful though it is, it at the same time is very easy to get corrupted as you install/uninstall programs, or as the computer gets infected, stopping the system from reading the required entries properly & smoothly. If the Audio service cannot locate the needed entries to start up the service and create sound properly, a “The Audio service is not running” error message will appear. So, after checking all the above aspects, it is best that you can take several minutes to check and repair some errors in Windows registry database. This way, you can both get back computer sound and make it run smoothly all the time.
Well, by following the above steps you can easily get rid of “The Audio service is not running” error message and get back PC sound as quickly as you can. Thanks for reading and wish you enjoy the PC all the time!
- Remove KraMixer DJ Software Free - How to Uninstall KraMixer DJ Software Perfectly
- How to get rid of "The server threw an exception" error message?
- Error code 80244019 - Methods to repair code 80244019 error in installing updates easily
- No sound on computer Windows 7 - Fix Windows sound issue directly
- Nero Burning ROM Removal - How to Get the Nero Burning ROM Out of Your PC?
- Guide to Easily Uninstall IFilter Explorer from Computer
- Infostealer.Proxydown - How Can You Remove Infostealer.Proxydown quickly
- How to Get Rid of AltaVista Toolbar - Help with AltaVista Toolbar uninstall
- Max Spyware Detector Uninstall Assistance - Way to Quickly Remove Max Spyware Detector