Babylon toolbar presents itself as a language translation application attaching to web browser. Once installed, the toolbar can change the default search engine to search.babylon.com. This brings lots of annoying issues. The toolbar needs to be installed manually and is also bundled with other suspicious programs. Other distribution tactics of Babylon toolbar include browser vulnerabilities, deceptive Pop-up boxes designed to appear as legitimate Windows dialog boxes, and/or drive-by downloads. It is related to google redirect virus which can redirect the google search result to other unrelated sites. Once Babylon runs silently in the PC’s background, it begins change the hosts & hijacks the domains of google, yahoo, msn. When user searches for something on the hijacked domains, the result quality is different full of advertisements and the actual quality results are buried.
Babylon manual removal
Some browsers provide uninstaller to remove a toolbar, such as firefox. You could also try add/remove program or a third party uninstaller program like Perfect Uninstaller to get rid of Babylon toolbar. However, you need to make sure the following files, folders and registry entries are removed completely.
1. Exit the web browser
2. Stop the process BabylonToolbarsrv.exe from running via task manager
3. Unregister related dll files
4. Search and remove related files
Remove Babylon toolbar Automatically
If the redirection problem is not fixed even after you uninstall the toolbar, you need to run a virus removal program to cure the infected computer. Actually, you can run a powerful virus removal program directly to get rid of Babylon and any other infected files. It doesn’t need the users to do any manual removal process. As long as you install an advanced virus remover, it will finish all of removing processes independently and quickly.
The virus remover I would like to recommend is Spyware Cease, it is easy to operate and always protect my PC from those malicious viruses and threats like Babylon toolbar. So I think it must be a good virus remover to help you get rid of Babylon toolbar infection.
- Install and run Spyware Cease to scan your system
- It would find the infection on its scan result
- Select all on the scan result and click “Remove”
- Free Instruction for Uninstalling Avira AntiVir Personal from PC
- Information on How to Freely Uninstall Avivo Video Converter from Computer
- Help with error 0X80070780 -The file cannot be accessed by the system
- Quick Guide for You to Uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus Completely
- Uninstall Emsisoft Emergency Kit from PC with Effective Methods
- Why won't my computer do Windows updates? Fix Windows update errors instantly
- TweakerNow PowerPack 2009 Uninstall Tips - How to Fully Remove TweakerNow PowerPack 2009
- Uninstall Ava Find - Need Easy Steps for Uninstalling Ava Find?
- How to Permanently Remove Sandboxie – Sandboxie Uninstall Guide