“Boot Device Not Found
Please install an operating system
Hard Disk (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostcs
For more information, please visit XXX”
It is common for the computer to just freeze while you are doing something important on the PC, however, when trying to turn back the PC, some users will get the above annoying Boot device not found error message. Note that it is an error telling that the system cannot access the boot area of the hard disk and therefore thinks there is no operating system installed. However, you are able to solve it soon with some rather simple steps.
The first thing you should do when getting the Boot device not found error message is to make sure that there is no loose cable attaching hard drive to motherboard. If the system cannot access the boot area correctly due to a bad or loose connection, you will no doubt get some errors in starting up the PC such as error code F3-F100-0010 beside the Boot device not found error.
Then, check and ensure the hard disk drive is not faulty or full with some errors. To do this, you can simply follow these steps:
*Open My Computer by double clicking it.
*Then, select the disk that you want to check and repair.
*Select Properties from the File menu and go to Tools tab.
*Click “Check Now” button under Error Checking Status.
* Here, you will be provided some options to check and fix your hard disk errors. But it is highly advised that you should check both “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors.” This helps to check and fix all errors existing in the hard disk correctly. If the system has no problem to access the hard disk for required files to start up the PC, there won’t be Boot device not found error message again.
Also, you should check and repair the corrupt & missing files on your system. This most of the time can be the main cause of a “Boot device not found” error message. To do this, you can simply run the System File Checker (SFC) to go.
Fourthly, check and remove all viruses from the computer. Viruses and malicious programs are capable of attacking the hard disk and removing some system required files without your permission to cause the “Boot device not found” error message. Besides, virus infections can bring in some other kinds of computer errors, which include slow computer performance, frequent pop-up ads windows, random computer reboots or even computer won’t start, etc. You’d better run your computer protection program immediately to get rid of all existing & potential threats. Besides, you can let it run in the background to well block any PC threat at any time.
Last but not least, fix all registry errors. Some simple errors in registry will make you find the computer run improperly when compared with the one that you just bought it. Just like virus infection, registry errors can bring in various computer errors such as frequent system crashes, pop-ups, slow PC running speed or blue screen errors…If those errors cannot be repaired timely, you will come to the chance to get more errors or even end up losing the entire computer rather than a “Boot device not found” error message at PC startup. Just download a registry clean tool from the Internet, and you will soon troubleshoot and fix all errors causing the PC startup error instantly.
In conclusion, it is a hope of every user to boot up, run the computer correctly without problems. If you are troubled with the “Boot device not found” error message, take it easy and these simple solutions will help you.
- How to Remove Claro Toolbar from Web Browser
- PDF Unlock Software Removal - Successfully Uninstall PDF Unlock Software fro Good
- Easy Ways to Uninstall SterJo StartUp Monitor Free Completely from PC
- Uninstalling Sarasoft Coloring Book from Your Computer Completely
- How to Remove Trojan.Picebot quickly
- How do I fix the “BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER” BSOD Error message?
- Uninstalling KGB Archiver from Computer Effect Efficiently and Completely
- How to Remove Trojan.Badname completely