It will be very annoying to encounter the “BOOTMGR is missing” error message while starting up the computer. More frustrating, you will fail to use your computer as normal till the error is fixed. But don’t worry; fixing such error is not as hard as you think. Here is how you can do to fix the “BOOTMGR is missing” error on your computer soon.
By the way, the error message usually looks like:
“BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart”
Most of the time, the “BOOTMGR is missing” error message or Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error will show on your screen when the system fail to locate some required files correctly. To solve the problem, you can directly follow these steps:
*Insert your Windows installation disk into your DVD player and restart your computer.
*Then, you should select the Language, Time and Currency and Keyboard boxes in the nest appearing screen.
*When these two options appear: “What to know before installing Windows” and “Repair your computer”, click on “Repair your computer”
*Depending on what your own operating system, Windows will find the installation directory for your system.
*When the next screen appears with a box called Recovery Options, select the first option – Startup Repair.
*Then, you will see a message saying “Startup Repair is checking your system for problems…” and follow the on-screen steps to continue.
*In many situations, you will be prompted to reboot when the scan & repair finishes.
*At this point, you can remove the DVD and start your computer correctly without the annoying “BOOTMGR is missing” error message.
If you do not have a Windows installation disc but have ever made a system restore point before the “BOOTMGR is missing” error message appears, you can directly restore the computer to a previous state. Here, I take Windows 7 as an example to show you how to do:
*Click Start button and type System Restore in the search box to open the System Restore feature.
*In the list of results, click System Restore. If you are asked for the administrator permission, type the password or provide confirmation.
* Then, follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.
Also, to get rid of the “BOOTMGR is missing” error message, you still have to maintain the computer performance for these aspects:
1) Scan and remove all computer viruses from the PC
2) Detect and fix all errors inside the hard disk drives
3) Regularly defragment the hard disk
4) Well manage the programs installed on the PC and uninstall the unneeded ones
Lastly, you should check and fix registry errors on the PC. This is what you should not ignore when trying to permanently get rid of the “BOOTMGR is missing” error. We know that the registry picks up all the data that is associated with almost all computer activities; because of this, it tends to bloat, corrupt or full with useless entries as time goes, giving your system a hard time locating the required entries which finally results in slow computer speed, random system freezing and ultimately, crashing or even breaking hard wares. Upon starting up, the PC needs to recall the required entries to do this. If fails, a “BOOTMGR is missing” error message or some other errors will come on the neck of another. Hence, you should remember to troubleshoot and fix registry errors when trying to boot up the computer properly as usual.
Well, a “BOOTMGR is missing” error message can happen due to many various reasons; however, with the mentioned solutions, you are able to prevent and fix it the most effective ways.
- Error code BIOHD-8 - Fix your PC from error code BIOHD-8 easily
- Troubleshoot and fix Vista error 0X8007000D on your own
- How to Effectively Uninstall Sigma Player on a Windows PC
- Deleting Hide Folders 2009 - How to Force Uninstall Hide Folders 2009 from PC
- QTCF.dll is missing - Solutions to fix QTCF.dll error easily
- RunDLL error at startup - Get rid of RunDLL error messages immediately
- Remove VirusRemover2008 with Spyware Cease
- How can I speed up my PC and Internet effectively?
- SpyDig 2010 - One Software for Max Security!