“Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data”
When trying to boot from a USB formatted device, some users will get the above Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error message again and again. In my opinion, an error code during the Windows startup can be rather frustrating. If you are troubled with the Boot\BCD status error code 0Xc0000225 right now, follow steps here and you will soon run the computer properly again.
When suffering from the Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error, you can instantly apply the Last Known Good Configuration. This option helps you to quickly get back your computer to the last status on which it is running properly without problem without this statue 0Xc0000225 error or some other errors like lame_enc.dll not found. To do this, you can directly perform the below steps:
* Restart the computer.
* When you see a screen saying that “Please select the operating system to start” message, press F8.
* When you are on the Windows Advanced Option Menu list, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER to continue.
* Then, follow the on-screen prompts to finish this process.
Also, you can try the Recovery Console options to check and fix the Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error. You can easily access this option via the F8 key. That is, as your system is booting up, right before or right when you see the manufacturer’s logo and before you see the Windows Logo, begin tapping the F8 key until you see a menu of white words on a black background. Then follow the steps here to go:
*Press a key to go.
*Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
*Click Repair your computer.
*Click the operating system that you want to repair, and click next to continue.
* In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
*Type Bootrec.exe, and then press Enter.
*Then type Bootrec.exe /FixMbr and press Enter to go.
* By following the above steps, you can instantly fix the PC startup Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error and boot the computer correctly.
Thirdly, remember that hard drive errors also become one of the most causes of the Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error message. It’s simple; consumers demand more space and the hard drives companies have responded by producing massive 500 GB drives that are fast enough to spin at speeds of 10,000 RPM. However, some hard disk errors will stop you from starting up the computer correctly. For this concern, regularly check and fix the hard disk problems by performing some Windows built-in utilities.
Fourthly, run an antivirus antispyware program immediately. It is quite easy for some viruses /spyware programs to get on the computer secretly and do whatever they want. When some system files are mis-deleted, you will fail to start up the computer correctly with the annoying Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error message appearing.
Last but not least, a corrupted system file can also cause the Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error. So, if all the above steps do not help to fix the computer startup error, directly run a trustworthy computer registry repair tool. It will thoroughly scan and fix all problems existing in the system immediately within clicks. By the way, such tool will also greatly maintain PC performance by providing users with other rich options just like Backup manager, Junk file manage, startup manager, evidence cleaner and so on.
By following the above solutions, you will soon troubleshoot and fix Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error easily on your own. If none of them help, maybe the only way is to reformate the PC. Anyhow, try the solutions before doing a reinstall job; you will sometimes save your time and money effectively.
- How to Remove Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 completely from Your Computer
- Uninstall Ava Find - Need Easy Steps for Uninstalling Ava Find?
- Windows 127 error - Fix Windows 127 error instantly
- What is ActiveX and how to repair ActiveX error?
- Tazinga Virus Removal - How to Remove Tazinga Redirect Virus thoroughly
- Windows Registry errors - What is the best way to fix Windows Registry errors?
- Error 1723 - How to repair error 1723 quickly?
- iMesh Removal Guide - How to Get Rid of iMesh once for all
- How can I prevent the pop-up "Internet Explorer Script Error" messages?