Learning how to remove the Citadel trojan can be quite important for computer users which is potentially dangerous to one’s computer or system. It is a self-replicating program or piece of script or code that make copies of itself and then either attaches itself to an existing file on the infected system or store copies of itself on the system. If you are a computer novice who use the internet often, you have to make sure keep away from Citadel trojan attack or catch it as soon as it enters your computer so as to severely limit the damage.
Once Citadel trojan rushes on your computer, it will disable your registry editor, command prompt, and folder actions. Then you will encounter lots of computer problems. The following are top most signs of virus attack:
• The PC becomes very slow
• The PC takes longer than usual to start up
• The PC crashes unexpected
• Desktop settings change automatically
• System files or programs are missing or corrupt
• Get lots of error messages
• Unable to connect to the internet
Citadel trojan Manual Removal
1. Stop the running Citadel trojan associated process:
2. Find and delete Citadel trojan related files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Citadel Trojan
3. Remove related registry entries from RegEdit
This is not completely guarantee the successful removal of Citadel trojan for that modify the system involves some high risky processes, and it is very easy to have some left-over exist on the computer.
A reliable Citadel trojan removal program
Certainly not all users could get rid of the Trojan with manual removal way which bears high risks. For most users, we will recommend to use an effective antispyware program. You may want to know what security program could remove Citadel trojan effectively. We know one called Spyware Cease. Spyware Cease is excellent at removing latest pc threats due to its powerful double scan engine.
Most antivirus programs take some time to catch up with the latest virus. Maybe after days your antivirus program will update the signature database to include Citadel trojan, but it is dangerous to keep the Trojan on your computer for such a long time. It is necessary to remove it before sensitive information is stolen and system crashes down.
- Repair “Error Loading Operating System” problem on your own
- How to fix 0X8007007e computer error?
- How to Get Rid of Hotfeed.net Browser Hijacker
- Easy-to-follow Instruction for Winsent Messenger Removal
- OS System mismatch - What to do when “OS Mismatched Detected”?
- How to Fully Uninstall Orca Browser for Windows 7 - Orca Browser Removal Guide
- Adware.FSpy Removal Guide - How to Remove Adware.FSpy immediately
- Windows vista service cause freeze - Solve Vista freezing issue instantly
- Is my explorer.exe corrupted? Best solutions to fix explorer.exe error