“This device is disabled. (Code 22)”
An error code 22 message might appear while you are trying to launch a hardware device on the computer. In many cases, a code 22 error tell that the device was disabled in Device Manager and you have to take actions to enable it so as to run the hardware device & the computer properly. But what should you do?
If you are at the first time to get a code 22 error message, directly restart the computer. Of you can simply apply the Last Known Good Configuration to quickly get back your computer to the last status on which it is running properly without problem. To do this, you can directly perform the below steps:
* Restart the computer.
* When you see a screen saying that “Please select the operating system to start” message, press F8.
* When you are on the Windows Advanced Option Menu list, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER to continue.
* Then, follow the on-screen prompts to finish this process.
Then, you have to completely scan the whole PC and get rid of all PC viruses. This is because the most common reason for a computer error code 22 has something to do with a virus or other malicious software in your system. We all know that, viruses or other malware are able to get onto the computer secretly without your permission, and has the ability to cause potential damage to the root of your system, for example, changing default computer settings and affecting the boot up process. Aside from that, some advanced malicious programs like spyware and adware are powerful enough to change your operating system’s configuration and stop you from loading some devices correctly. To troubleshoot and fix code 22 error, you need to make sure the computer is totally virus and malware clean.
Thirdly, check and update all computer hardware drivers to the latest versions. We know that drivers are specified pieces that help to transmit information from your hardware to your operating system. In this way, the operating system will depend on those requests to perform the computer and some other PC tasks correctly. Without the drivers, your OS won’t process information properly. However, the outdated ones on the computer will be another cause for the numerous computer problems. When the driver was not updated to the latest ones, then you will sooner or later get the code 22 error messages. So, do remember to get help from a driver update program and download & install all available updates for the computer.
After the above steps, it is highly recommended that you can troubleshoot and fix Windows registry errors. System registry plays as a vital role on your computer and almost all computer activities rely on it so as to accomplish successfully. And information from the hardware/software and among other applications is all distributed in the registry as you install them on the computer. If the computer is attacked by some viruses or when you uninstall such applications incompletely, it leaves some useless/invalid/broken entries inside the registry. If it is not maintained properly, those registry errors can be the main cause of many computer errors including the Windows error code 22 or system error 85 sometimes.
You can download a registry repair tool on your computer. This is easy and you can download the free versions of many of these software programs just like Registry Easy from the Internet. After you have installed the program, perform a registry scan on your system to check for all of the errors and fix them completely.
In a word, the code 22 error messages at most of the time are exclusive to Device Manager. If you see the Code 22 error elsewhere in Windows, chances are it’s a system error code which you should fix as quickly as you can in order to run the computer correctly all the time.
- How to Remove Ardamax Keylogger completely
- Complete BitTorrent Toolbar Removal Help - How to Effectively Uninstall BitTorrent Toolbar
- Pup.Datamngr Removal - How to Get Rid of Pup.Datamngr immediately
- Computer shuts down randomly - Why and how to stop PC from shutting down randomly?
- How to Successfully Uninstall Acronis AntiVirus 2010 within Minutes
- How Can You Completely Uninstall FixTunes - Best FixTunes Removal Guide
- “This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect” - Causes and fixes
- Windows 7 Defender 2013 - How to Remove Windows 7 Defender 2013 easily
- BSOD STOP error code 0X0000003B - Prevent and stop it Now