A code 28 error message might suddenly appear when you are trying to access a hardware device or launch some certain installed devices on your PC, saying that “The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)”. This is quite a common device manager error message that lots of PC users will encounter and needs to be fixed immediately. If not, some other errors like Stop 0Xc000000e startup error will come on the neck of another.
First of all, if one of your current device drivers does not match the updated settings of Windows or one of the programs you are using right now, you will also come to the chance to get a code 28 error message. In such cases you can try to uninstall & reinstall the recently-installed program, update the computer drivers to the latest versions. This is because some hardware devices or even programs have to rely on the corresponding driver to run correctly. If fail, they will soon display an error message such as the code 28 error.
By the way, to totally get rid of the code 28 error in accessing some hardware devices, you still need to check and fix hard disk errors. When the system cannot access the drive for some required entries, you will come to the chance to get more other errors rather than this one. To check and fix hard disk error, follow these steps:
* Open My Computer, and select the disk that you want to check & repair, and click Properties.
* Click Tools and then Check Now under Error-checking option.
* Then, tick both “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” tabs.
* Click Start and follow the on-screen steps to go.
Thirdly, just like what I have said in the first paragraph, when there is something wrong with the computer drivers, software is missing/corrupt/incompatible, an error code 28 will happen when you are trying to open a device or hardware. So, the third thing you should do is to uninstall the incompatible programs installed on your PC. But before an uninstall & reinstall job, you’d better first update all your drivers to the latest ones. Sometimes, an outdated device driver can also bring in the annoying error code 28 messages.
Finally, you need to check and repair Windows registry errors when trying to repair Windows code 28 error message. Registry records all information about the program setting, drivers, software & hardware configuration of the computer. No matter whenever you install or uninstall a program, or make any change to the PC, it will automatically add some corresponding entries to the Windows registry database. But the problem is, as time goes this database gets larger and larger together with a large amount of invalid, broken or corrupted entries. Those entries will make the computer run slower, or display various types of computer errors. When the system cannot locate the necessary entries or files to access your devices or load a certain program, you will soon get an error message indicating error code 28. So, the final thing you should do when getting this application error is to download and run a registry cleaning tool to completely scan the whole PC and fix all detected registry errors.
Just bear in mind that, if you see the code 28 error elsewhere in Windows, chances are it’s a system error code rather than a Device Manager issue. Thus, no matter whenever you see the code 28 error message, take immediate actions to troubleshoot and deal with it ASAP.
- Wsock32.dll is missing - Fix wsock32.dll error on your own
- How to fix 0X8007007e computer error?
- How to Uninstall Adobe Reader 7.0 for Free - Adobe Reader 7.0 Removal Tutorial
- Ads.heias.com - How to Get Rid of Ads.heias.com Infection
- How to Remove Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.egv quickly
- Opera Backup 2011 Uninstall - The Most Efficient Method Available for Opera Backup 2011
- Search-results.com Removal Guide - Get Rid of Search-results.com now
- Windows 7 activation error 0XC004C008 - Tips to fix error 0XC004C008 on Win 7
- The Fast Way to Uninstall Magic Translator from Windows