You turn on the computer one day and suddenly find an error message saying that:
“Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
Because of this error message, some users will fail to start up the computer properly as usual. Some complained that they even cannot get the computer into the safe mode when getting the “C:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt” error message. But does this mean there is no other way to solve the error? No, the simple steps below will solve the error quickly for you!
To get rid of the “C:\windows\system32\config\system” error message, you should first detect and remove any virus and worms in your computer. Virus, trojans and worms could be able to change your system setting as to cause the startup error to happen, so if you find any traces of these programs, you’d better find a way to remove them to repair the computer startup error.
Sometimes, this computer startup error appears when the Windows cannot read the needed files to load the PC properly. So to solve this problem, what you need to do first is to make sure that all drive are accessible correctly, and the Chkdsk program is one that helps to recover files from any damaged areas of the disk and will sometimes solve this computer problem as you can see the steps below:
* Go to Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
* When the Command Prompt window opens, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER to proceed. Then, you will be prompted to schedule Chkdsk to run when the computer restarts.
* Press Y, and then press ENTER.
* Restart your computer as request. During the system startup, Windows will fully scan your disk for errors; try to recover any files that are located on damaged areas on the disk.
Thirdly, we know that a software driver or a device driver is one that allows interaction of the operating system with a hardware device to perform any proper PC function. However, if you have a corrupt, out of date or incorrect driver, you would see the affects that it makes to your computer and the performance, for example, it will cause the “C:\windows\system32\config\system” error messages when your system tries to recall some needed drivers and an Invalid Floating Point Operation error will also happen when the system cannot run your specific programs. So you should run a driver update program to refresh the device drivers that manage your machine immediately.
Finally, you need to check and repair Windows registry errors. Generally speaking, Windows registry hoards hardware and software information, system settings and computer configuration to ensure the proper running of the computer. No matter when we perform a command to the computer just like sending and receiving emails, starting up or shutting down the computer, it will first leave a key and values inside the registry. However, as program installation and uninstallation, these keys and values are full of some invalid and broken entries, which and then cause unexpected system freezing and different kinds of code error messages including the startup “C:\windows\system32\config\system” error message. So, there is one another ting that you should not forget when trying to fix error – fix registry problems.
All in all, a simple “C:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt” error message while using the PC will stop you from running it correctly. Take the simple PC optimization tips in your daily life from now on, and you will soon run the computer properly all the time.
- Google Chrome error 101 - Causes and solutions
- Time-saving Method to Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus Completely
- How Can I Remove Trojan:JS/Seedabutor.A quickly
- The Fast Way to Uninstall VirIT EXplorer Lite from Windows for Good
- How to Remove Trojan.Ransomlock!g21 effectively
- File Recovery Uninstall - How to Remove File Recovery completely
- PDF Unlock Software Removal - Successfully Uninstall PDF Unlock Software fro Good
- WindowSecure - How to Remove WindowSecure completely
- How to Get Rid of Businesslistingsearch.net Browser Hijacker