“A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart”
Have you ever received the above error message and the only thing you can do is to press “Ctrl + Alt + Del” to restart the computer? Actually, multiple restarts usually results in the same error message, stopping you from using the computer correctly. I think this could be one of the most frustrating error messages you have ever dealt with… Having recently solved the problem on my PC, I would like to share my own experience with all of you.
Most of the time, why you get the disk read error I due to the fact that there are a bad sector existing in your hard drive. This means that when the system will not be able to read that certain portion of the disk, a disk read error message will happen. To solve the problem, you can first apply the Last Known Good Configuration and restart your computer correctly. This option helps you to quickly get back your computer to the last status on which it is running properly without problem. To do this, you can directly perform the below steps:
* Restart the computer.
* When you see a screen saying that “Please select the operating system to start” message, press F8.
* When you are on the Windows Advanced Option Menu list, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER to continue.
* Then, follow the on-screen prompts to finish this process.
Then, you have to make sure there is no hard disk error. It is a fact that a lot of disk errors and crash are unavoidable, if you do not maintain the hard drive regularly. Unfortunately, up to 90% computer users are not aware of the importance of regularly maintaining the computer hard disk before the computer suffers from kinds of errors. When there is something wrong with the hard disk and it is impossible for the system to read its required files, you will come to the chance to get an error message saying “A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart”. Regularly fix the hard disk helps to avoid & fix some common computer boot errors. To do this, you should work from these aspects:
* Delete junk files and temporary files.
* Run Disk Error Checking utility regularly.
* Defragment disk regularly.
* Uninstall the unneeded programs
Last but not least, you’d better fix registry errors. Even though computer registry acts as the most important part of the Windows-based operating system, computer registry problems will drive lots of PC users crazy as it can bring in kinds of computer errors including the annoying disk read error. If you are not familiar with PC terms, remember in mind that a computer registry is basically a reference database for Microsoft Windows operating systems to store all the important settings and information. Besides, the Windows continually references the registry database during operation and every time you give windows a command, it first accesses the registry to complete the request. When there are too many useless entries within the registry database, the computer will run improperly or even cause some unexpected PC errors. To get rid of the “A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart” error message, you’d better instantly fix computer registry errors.
Getting the annoying disk read error message but do not know what you should do? Get the highly recommended computer repair tool here, and you will be able to completely scan the whole PC and get rid of all errors causing this problem within minutes.
- How to Uninstall Max Registry Cleaner from PC - Quickly and Easily
- How to Uninstall Advanced System Care - Complete Advanced System Care Removal Guide
- Stop and prevent blue screen error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal effectively
- Windows 7 computer won't update - Why won’t Windows 7 updates install?
- How to Uninstall RealPlayer Free - RealPlayer Removal Tutorial
- Handy and Reliable Instruction for Uninstalling MSN Password Recovery from PC
- Simple Guide to Remove Troj/Agent-ZMO instantly
- Activate Duplicate File Cleaner
- How can I speed up my PC and Internet effectively?