Downadup is a network-adware worm that attempts to use computer or network resources to replicate across the existing network. Downadup worm includes code or other malware to damage both the system and the network. It may spread by exploiting the Microsoft Windows Server Service RPC Handling Remote Code Execution Vulnerability; it also attempts to spread to network shares protected by weak passwords and blocks access to security-related Web sites.
Downadup has many variants, one of which is Worm:W32/Downadup.AL with the aliases: Win32/Conficker.B[Computer Associates], W32/Confick-D[Sophos], WORM_DOWNAD.AD[Trend], W32.Downadup.B[Symantec], Worm:Win32/Conficker[Microsoft], W32/Conficker.worm.gen[Symantec], Mal/Conficker[Sophos], Net-Worm.Kido!sd6[PCTools], Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih[Kaspersky Lab], Mal/Conficker-A[Sophos], Net-Worm.Win32.Kido[Ikarus].
The worm manages to get to available ADMIN$ network shares. It then acquires the lists of usernames for those shares and attempts to log on to targeted computer as an existing user.
If you are infected by Downadup or its variants, you are recommended to remove those worms immediately to free from high security risk. Reliable anti-spyware programs, such as Spyware Cease can help you remove Downadup and any other spyware threats automatically and easily with ease.
Spyware Cease is the outstanding Windows antispyware program that can be used to effectively protect your PC against various threat attacks, including Spyware, Adware, Keyloggers, Trojans, Worms, Hijackers, Rootkits, Password Stealers, Tracking Threats, Rogue Antispyware and other Malware attacks! Spyware Cease provides powerful threats removal mechanism, real-time guard for your computer, specific custom fix for stubborn spyware, as well as automatic or manual updates in time against latest spyware.
Please do the followings to completely remove Downadup:
1. Download Spyware Cease installation package by clicking the link below and save it on your PC.
2. Double-click on the saved file icon to start the installation process. The descriptions within the installer will walk your through the installation. Then click on the Finish button.
3. Start Spyware Cease and click the Scan tab on the main interface. Select the scanned directories and then click the Scan button to begin scanning Downadup and related files.
4. Spyware Cease now will start scanning your PC for Downadup. The whole process will take some time to proceed, so we advise you to do something else and check the scanning results periodically.
5. When the scan is finished, select the item on the scan results you want to delete or right-click to add it to the ignore list. You can then click the Remove button to continue with the Spyware Cease removal process.
6. When Spyware Cease has finished removing the malware, it will open the main interface to offer further operations like real-time guard, system analysis or general settings.
Please update Spyware Cease in time automatically or manually to make sure your computer is protected against the latest threats. Before updating Spyware Cease, make sure to completely close it.
Free download Spyware Cease now!
- Error code 1 - How to fix error code 1 easily?
- Free Tutorial on How to Uninstall IsoBuster Completely from Your Computer
- Vista Defender 2013 - Best Way to Remove Vista Defender 2013 quickly
- How to fix common IE problems?
- The Fast Way to Uninstall VirIT EXplorer Lite from Windows for Good
- File type error - Easy solutions to file type errors
- How to Uninstall Video Cutter - Quick Video Cutter Uninstall Tutorial
- Advice and Information about Driver Magician Removal
- Vipsearchs.net - How to Remove Vipsearchs.net instantly