Upon starting up the PC, launching a program or installing an application to the PC, the users will annoyingly get an “Entry Point Not Found” error message which says like this: “Explorer.EXE – Entry Point Not Found – The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll”. Typically, an entry point is the memory address inside the DLL that contains the Call being made. Quickly, when a request is called, using a name like “SHDeleteKey”, by a DLL or executable (.exe) program to another DLL to obtain some kind of information or procedure. If cannot be located properly, it may stop you from using the computer or running some programs properly. But what causes an “Entry Point Not Found” error and how to fix it soon?
In many cases, an “Entry Point Not Found” error message can be caused by one of the following reasons:
*Missing or damaged dll module
*Incompatible or corrupt .exe files
*Undesirable modification on Microsoft Visual Basic
*Driver update failure
*Incorrect BIOS setting
How can you fix an “Entry Point Not Found” error?
First of all, you should delete viruses from the computer. We know that viruses like to remove and take on names of necessary Windows system. Once some of the system required files is disguised as some malicious threats, you will get the “Entry Point Not Found” error message. So, do remember to run your antivirus program to delete all PC threats from the computer. By the way, it is best that you can let your antivirus program always running in the background to detect and remove any potential PC threats to the computer.
Sometimes, you can instantly reinstall the software that generates the “Entry Point Not Found” error. A missing or corrupted file within the program can stop the computer or programs to run properly by showing such an error message. To uninstall and reinstall a program, directly follow these steps:
• Step One: click “Start” and then go to “Control Panel”.
• Step Two: Click “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
• Step Three: Scroll to the problematic problem.
• Step Four: Click “Remove” to uninstall the program.
• Step Five: Restart Your PC
• Step Six: Download and follow the on-screen steps to reinstall the program.
Next, you should update computer to the latest version which may contain a fix for the “Entry Point Not Found” error. To update your system, you should go to “Start > All Programs > Windows Update”. It is a basic solution for all system issue.
Fourthly, scan and clean out registry errors. Registry is a large database inside the Windows system, using to store all important information & settings for your computer in order to make sure the proper running of the computer. However, because of the frequent usages, it is continually becoming damaged & corrupted as you install & uninstall programs, leading to the appearance of “Entry Point Not Found” error or some other errors on your computer. Hence, it is also recommended that you can use a registry cleaner product to scan your registry and fix all registry problems you may have. By doing this, you can quickly remove the culture.dll error message as well as at least 30% improve PC performance instantly.
All in all, an “Entry Point Not Found” error message can greatly affect the proper running of the computer and some certain programs. No matter whenever you found it on your computer screen, take the above steps immediately and you will soon fix such computer error within clicks.
- How to Uninstall PhotoScape - Complete PhotoScape Removal
- Nero Burning ROM Removal - How to Get the Nero Burning ROM Out of Your PC?
- Trojan.Ecltys!gen5 - How Can I Remove Trojan.Ecltys!gen5 in minutes
- How to Remove P2p-worm.win32.palevo completely
- How to make Internet connection faster? Solutions to get faster Internet connection pleasantly
- Error 0XC0000428 at startup - Steps to fix error 0XC0000428 effectively
- How to Remove PCH Search Engine and Stop Web Browser Redirection
- Uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus from Computer with Effective Solutions
- Laptop won't boot - How to do when laptop won’t boot?