Besides the “Your system is low on virtual memory” error message, you may also get an error 38 message while starting up the computer. Typically, the message says something like this “Error 38: The computer you specified is already in use on the network. To specify a different name, double-click the Network icon in Control Panel”. Then, you will fail to create a new guest PC or a new virtual machine together with failure to enjoy the computer properly.
The first error 38 fix solution is to rename the guest PC or the virtual machine to a unique name. To do this, simply follow these steps:
* Start the guest PC or the virtual machine.
* And then click Start, and then click Control Panel.
* Double-click System, click the Computer Name tab, and then click Change.
* In the Computer name box, type a new name as you like, click OK, and then click OK again.
* Restart the Guest PC or the virtual machine. Then, there won’t be an error 38 from happening again.
Secondly, an error 38 message will happen when there is missing or corrupted system file existing on the PC. We know that all Windows computers work by opening and reading a series of files to help them run properly. These files contain information about almost all aspects of your system, ranging from everything from your latest emails to your desktop wallpaper. However, a corruption in the system files may cause the code 38 error message when it cannot locate the correct files to finish the PC requests. At this time, it is best that you can restore the corrupted system files to their original states with the System File Checker tool. To do this, you can instantly follow the solutions here to go:
*Insert Microsoft Windows installation DVD ROM.
* Press Windows Key + R.
*Type SFC /ScanNow
* Follow the on screen instructions.
Thirdly, to totally fix error 38 and stop it from happening again, you need to make sure that the computer is totally viruses clean. Viruses are able to attack and remove any system file from the PC, making the PC to run improperly with kinds of errors including error 38 or unexpected runtime error 91 in running some programs. Do remember to download and install an advanced antivirus antispyware program to thoroughly scan & remove all PC threats from the computer.
Fourthly, the main cause for the computer error 38 is down to a part of your computer called the “registry”. This is a central database which stores vital settings & information that the Windows and almost all hardware & software require to run. That is because it stores everything from your desktop wallpaper, to your latest emails and even your stored login details for the computer to tell the system when and when to perform every computer task correctly. However, due to virus infection, a bad uninstallation or installation or some other known reasons, this database can easily get corrupted, causing the various error messages at any time when fail to recall the required entries. So the last error 38 fix solution is to download and run a registry clean tool directly to scan and fix all registry errors inside. Do not forget this aspect if wanting to run a computer properly all the time.
To boot up and launch the computer properly without an error 38 message, it is highly advised that you can well maintain it in your daily life. With a good habit in using the PC, you can use it for a much longer time at peak performance all the time.
- Removing Password Manager Deluxe from Your PC Easily and Quickly
- D3dx9_25.dll error in gaming - Tips to repair D3dx9_25.dll error
- Activate Convert Genius
- How to Remove Ardamax Keylogger completely
- Trojan.Swisyn - How Can I Remove Trojan.Swisyn effectively
- How to Uninstall SmartMovie for Free - Complete SmartMovie Removal
- Funmoods Removal - How to Remove Funmoods Browser Hijacker
- Trojan.Ranbot - How to Remove Trojan.Ranbot instantly
- How to Remove Supreme Savings instantly