Your Microsoft Security Essentials not working properly and shows you an error code 0X80070715? Sometimes, it drives the users mad as they are unable to uninstall or remove the program from the PC because of the appearance of this error code. What the hell causes the error code message to occur and how can you fix error code 0X80070715 yourself?
An error code 0X80070715 usually indicates a missing or corrupt system file. To deal with the error code, you can instantly perform a system restore procedure. The System Restore utility is a package Windows feature that’s similar to “Last Known Configuration.” However, System Restore maintains multiple restore points instead of one last restore point for the computer. So, if the code 0X80070715 error message remains after a PC restart, directly perform the below steps. Here, I take Windows XP as an example to show you how to perform a system restore job and fix Windows fatal errors:
* Log on to Windows with the administrator permission.
* Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools -> System Restore.
* Click to select the Restore my computer to an earlier time option on the Welcome to System Restore page, and then click Next to continue.
* Click the most recent system restore point in the on the “Select a Restore Point” page
* Highlight the restore point, and then click “Next to go.
* Click “Next” on the Confirm Restore Point Selection page to finish the restore job.
* Restart the computer to make the restore job take effect and see whether the fatal errors have been solved or not.
Also, you should try a SFC scan to check for any corrupt system files as some missing or corrupted files on the PC will make the computer to run improperly by showing different kinds of error messages including error code 0X80070715. To do a SFC scan, follow the steps below:
* Click on Start, in the Start search bar type cmd and then press enter.
* If you get any User account control prompts, click on continue.
* Then type sfc /scannow within the box and then press enter to go.
* Insert your Windows installation disk if it prompts for a disk.
* Then it will automatically scan and fix all errors inside your PC.
Thirdly, the most common reason for an error code 0X80070715 has something to do with a virus or other malicious software in your system. We all know that, viruses or other malware are able to get onto the computer secretly without your permission, and has the ability to cause potential damage to the root of your system, for example, changing default computer settings and affecting the boot up process. Aside from that, some advanced malicious programs like spyware and adware are powerful enough to change your operating system’s configuration and stop you from running some programs or the computer correctly. What is more, they at sometimes will bring in a computer not shutting down error. To troubleshoot and fix computer error code 0X80070715, you need to first make sure the computer is totally virus and malware clean.
Finally, why you get an error code 0X80070715 is most probably that your computer registry gets corrupted! As a matter of fact, registry problems usually tend to display annoying error messages on your PC screen unexpectedly even though it is considered as the main component of Windows-based operating system. Moreover, such registry problems might cause your PC to shut down itself all of a sudden without any obvious reasons, or worst, stop you from running the PC & applications correctly. To permanently get rid of applications errors and make the computer run properly all the time, download a trusted registry cleaning tool just like Registry Easy to help you. It will thoroughly scan your whole PC and get rid of all errors insides your system, returning you an error-free system within minutes.
In conclusion, a sudden error code 0X80070715 message will stop you from running the Microsoft Security Essentials or sometimes even the computer properly. Do not ignore this message if you want to make the PC run properly and you’d better take the above steps to regularly maintain PC performance!
- AppleSyncNotifier.exe error repair - Fix AppleSyncNotifier.exe error quickly
- Fix Windows 7 "User profile cannot be loaded" error easily
- Computer restarts randomly - Stop frequent computer restarts without difficulty
- How to Remove Real Registry Cleaner effectively
- How to make Internet connection faster? Solutions to get faster Internet connection pleasantly
- CouponDropDown - How to Remove CouponDropDown Adware quickly
- Chrome download error - Why can’t you download anything from Google Chrome?
- How to Remove Internet Security 2010 completely from PC
- The Best Way to Uninstall and Remove Cool Edit Pro Rapidly