When trying to install updates on Windows Update/Microsoft Update Web sites or search for available updates on the Update site, you may receive an error code 0X8024402C message. Sometimes, it says “Windows update encountered an unknown error; code 0X8024402C”. Though it sounds quite simple, it at most of the time can stop you from installing the desired updates and greatly affects the computer performance. But to enhance PC performance, you should take instant actions to check and fix this Windows update error code immediately.
If facing with the error code 0X8024402C, make sure that the computer is correctly connected to the Internet. If you are not connected, you will fail to download the desired update completely. This is the first thing you should do when suffering from a Windows update error.
If you are connected properly but keep on receiving the error message, search for the installation error code 0X8024402C by using the Windows Update Troubleshooter. If you fail to install the updates due to an unknown error code, you can try to see whether the Windows Update troubleshooter can determine which steps you can take to resolve the problem by following the steps below:
* In the appearing window that contains the installation error code, click Find Solutions.
* In the Microsoft Update or the Windows Update window, in the “Type keywords here” box, paste the error number that you got in the box.
* Click Search.
* And then you will get some suggestions on how to fix the Windows update error 0X8024402C.
Thirdly, outdated drivers can sometimes result in the error code 0X8024402C. When the system cannot read the required entries to install the update due to an outdated driver, you will no doubt get the Windows 0X8024402C error messages. You should update your obsolete drivers to make them compatible to the other applications on your computer. In addition to, virus or Trojans attack repeatedly generates errors and also blocks the smooth installation of your desired updates. So, after updating the computer drivers, do remember pay several minutes to check and remove all PC threats from the computer. By the way, it is better that you can let your computer protection program always running in the background to block & remove PC threats from the computer.
However, one of the main reasons behind this Windows update error code 0X8024402C is corrupted, broken and misplaced registry files. And the final thing you should do is to run a registry clean tool to scan and fix all errors inside. Registry database is the essential part of the system that contains all the important settings that are needed to ensure the proper working of the system. The damaged registry files are able to cause the problems in successfully installing the updates in Windows computer when the system cannot access the necessary files correctly. So, to correct or remove surplus and corrupted registry files regularly is needed when you are trying to get rid of either Windows Update Error 0X8024402C or update error 643.
Just bear in mind that, no matter you are a computer newbie or an advanced user, a regular Windows update is vitally needed so as to maintain PC performance. Hence, whenever you receive the error code 0X8024402C message, do not ignore it! You should perform the above steps to troubleshoot the whole PC and solve the error as quickly as you can!
- Rtl120.bpl missing - Repair rtl120.bpl error quickly
- What is error 800a03e8 and how to fix error 800a03e8?
- Trojan.Dialer - How to Remove Trojan.Dialer instantly
- Ewoss Toolbar Removal - Quick Way to Uninstall Ewoss Toolbar from Computer
- BSOD Stop error - How can you stop BSOD error effectively?
- Vuze Toolbar Uninstall - How to Remove Vuze Toolbar completely
- Free Instruction for Uninstalling McAfee Avert Stinge from PC Effectively
- File Rescue Removal - Effective Ways to Remove File Rescue
- Troubleshoot and fix Vista error 0X8007000D on your own