Some computer users complain that in installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for 64-bit system on their machines, the computer just hangs when the it restarts together with this error message displays: “fatal error c0000034 applying update operation 282 of 115544 (0_0000)”. Some have ever tried to restart the PC and even boot into safe mode trying to fix this fatal error c0000034, but with no luck. What the hell causes the fatal error code c0000034 to happen and how can you get rid of it quickly? Read on and you may get some solutions to continue.
If you are getting the fatal error code c0000034 message, take it easy and directly follow these steps. Then, you will be able to install the Service Pack 1 on any computer correctly without problems:
1) Boot into Windows Recovery and choose command prompt then run the following commands:
*Reg load HKLMBaseSystem C:WindowsSystem32configSYSTEM
*Reg Delete “HKLMBaseSystemCurrentControlSetControlSession Manager” /v SetupExecute
*Reg add “HKLMBaseSystemCurrentControlSetControlSession Manager” /v SetupExecute /t REG_MULTI_SZ
*Reg unload HKLMBaseSystem
2) Restart your computer and try another install process. Then, I believe no fatal error c0000034 message anymore.
If the above instructions do not solve the SP1 install fatal error code c0000034 on your computer, you can try this:
*Restart your computer, choose the option “Launch Startup Repair”. When the Startup repair starts, you should select the “Cancel” option to bring in another box. Here, select “Don’t Send” and click the link to “View advanced options for recovery and support”.
* Within the appearing window, click Command Prompt at the bottom.
* Type “%windir%system32notepad.exe” without quotes to open the Notepad.
* In the notepad, go to File–>Open, and change the type of files notepad views from .txt to All Files
* Then, you should go to C: Windowswinsxs or whichever drive the Windows is installed on.
* Find and make a copy of pending.xml.
* Then, you should find the original pending.xml, press CNTRL+F and search for the following exactly: 0000000000000000.cdf-ms
* Then, you should delete all the following text instantly:
By the way, your PC might not have all 3 sections of code (, , ). Just make sure that you have deleted the section “Checkpoint”.
*Save the file, close notepad, and the command prompt. Then you will be able to install Service Pack 1 on your computer properly without a fatal error c0000034.
If the two solutions above do not solve the fatal error code c0000034 on your computer, you’d better check and fix computer registry errors. Even though the Windows registry is used to store all important settings & options of the computer to maintain the stable running of the computer, the reality is that registry errors can occur during the daily usage of the computer, for example, a simple program install/uninstall job, or even file adding/removal process, can add or left some useless entries within this database. However, only a few users become very proficient in registry maintenance but lots of them do not know that it is a need to make the registry database clean and compact all the time. If the system cannot recall the required entries to install SP1 onto your PC, you will soon get a fatal error c0000034 message. Note that, it is inevitable for you to get various registry errors while using the computer and suffer from some errors just like RunDLL error due to a registry error. However, you can instantly solve it within clicks by running a registry cleaning tool. Such tool will completely scan the whole PC and get rid of all errors existing both in your registry database and computer safely, returning you an error-clean computer easily.
In conclusion, it is common for you to get a fatal error c0000034 message in either installing SP1 or some other computer programs. However, by following the above steps, you can safely troubleshoot what causes it and get rid of the annoying error from your computer instantly. Thanks for reading and wish my article help you solve the fatal computer errors easily.
- Runtime error r6025 - How can you fix runtime error r6025?
- Access violation at address 00409a0e - How to troubleshoot and fix it?
- “Your system is low on virtual memory” error message - Get rid of it now
- Tutorial for Force Uninstalling Opera Widget Maker from PC
- Zinkwink Removal - How to Remove Zinkwink.com quickly
- Detailed Uninstall Tutorial for iPureSearch Toolbar - How to Fully Delete iPureSearch Toolbar
- Total Security Protection Center - How to Remove Total Security Protection Center easily
- Removing Password Manager Deluxe from Your PC Easily and Quickly
- How do I fix iTunes 3194 restore error? Fix iTunes error 3194 now