Folstart is a kind of worm virus like W32.Blaster.Worm that is able to copy itself as many as possible to infect removable drives and network shared files. It will scan for usb drives and then create malicious files folders on it. Meanwhile, it creates a copy of itself on the compromised computer and disguises itself as a legitimate system file. Folstart can run at windows start up by adding related registry entries and can restore itself when corrupted.
When a new USB devices is connected to a compromised computer, Folstart can detect it sensitive and then immediately infect it. Folstart replicates itself to the drive as an executable file using the same name as a folder on the drive, without an extension. Folstart also uses an icon that makes the file look like a folder. The name, lack of an extension, and the use of the folder icon are all created to trick computer users into thinking it is actually a folder, hoping that they will attempt to ‘open’ that folder, and instead accidentally run Folstart.
How to remove Folstart worm manually
1. Kill related processes if they are running and then delete the following files
2. Remove registry entries created by Folstart
How to remove Folstart easily
Manual removal is never a simple way to deal with the infection. A virus removal program like Spyware Cease will be a good choice. A virus removal program can complete the removal automatically. It reduces the possibility to damage the computer during removal. It can detect and remove the malicious files exactly. Folstart is easy to restore itself if not removed completely. Using Spyware Cease to remove it completely now.
1. Download Spyware Cease
2. Install it by following the easy prompt
3. Run an online scan
4. Click remove button to get rid of Folstart worm instantly
- Cridex Trojan Removal Guide - How to Remove Cridex Trojan from Slow PC
- Free Instruction for Uninstalling McAfee Avert Stinge from PC Effectively
- iTunes won't load - Useful tips to load iTunes successfully
- Error code 0X80070017 - Steps to solve Windows installation error 0X80070017 quickly
- How Can I Remove Google Toolbar? - Uninstall Instructions for Google Toolbar
- Error code 51 - How to fix error code 51 in playing games?
- Uninstall Internet Access Controller - Remove Internet Access Controller with Ease
- WIN32.BHO.acw Removal Tool - How to Remove WIN32.BHO.acw instantly
- Computer keeps restarting - Fix random computer restart problem easil