QuickTime is an excellent movie viewer application that uses the latest streaming technology to access instant content on the Web. Does the video program meet your expectations? If you don’t like the performance of QuickTime Player and decide to uninstall it from your computer, you can follow this tutorial. This article will surely help you easily and completely remove video software from computer.
Uninstall the QuickTime Player with Windows uninstaller
1. Close and exit QuickTime Player.
2. Open the Control Panel and double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
3. Select QuickTime Player and click Change/Remove.
4. On the InstallShield Wizard window, click the Remove option, followed by Next.
5. On the Confirm Uninstall window, click OK.
6. On the InstallShield Wizard window, click Finish.
Remove QuickTime Player registered files
QuickTime Player registers many files with the operating system during the installation. To successfully remove the application, it’s necessary to remove these files.
1. Double click “My Computer” on the desktop and double click the “C:” drive.
2. Double click the “Programs Files” folder.
3. Locate the QuickTime Player folder, right click on it and click “Delete.”
4. Confirm “Yes” to delete it, empty the “Recycle Bin.”
5. Click Start – go to run – type in regedit
6. In register editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – SOFTWAR – delete QuickTime Player.
If you feel that the manual process on removing QuickTime Player is either too difficult or too dangerous then you could download online uninstaller software to do job for you. There are programs out there that are designed to forcibly remove software that Windows has trouble deleting. Amongst them, Perfect Uninstaller is well known to be able to automatically delete the corrupted file paths from the hard drive without having to back up the files or manually remove anything system registry.
Now just follow steps below to remove QuickTime Player
1. Download and save Perfect Uninstaller.
2. Installed and run it to scan through your system.
3. Highlight QuickTime Player on the list, click Uninstall below.
4. Following prompts will pop up, follow them to complete the uninstall.
5. Within one minute, you will find QuickTime Player is completely removed from your computer.
- Causes and solutions of Boot\BCD status 0Xc0000225 error
- How to Remove Windows Security Center Virus effectively
- Windows Explorer has stopped working - Fix Windows Explorer problem quickly
- Google encrypted error - How to do when encountering a Google encrypted error?
- Uwavou.com - How to Remove Uwavou.com instantly
- Mixi.DJ Toolbar - How to Remove Mixi.DJ Toolbar completely
- How to Remove Ardamax Keylogger completely
- How to Remove 22find.com Browser Hijacker Virus
- The Way You Can Get Rid of Digital Defender for Good