HDD Fix is classified as rogue program like File Rescue. The counterfeit optimizer tool claims it can fix HDD errors and repair system, but in fact it can do nothing good to the computer. The rogue program will use fake alerts saying there is system error and fake scan report to deceive users into believing they should need to buy the licensed version of HDD Fix to fix HDD errors. The rogue program will corrupt system and cause real errors. To protect your computer against damages, you need to remove the rogue program as soon as possible.
It is no doubt that the computer will encounter many problems if the HDD Fix successfully install on your computer, such as:
Disable your other security programs
Make the computer system operate very slowly and seriously affect the computer running speed
Always execute without your permission and scan your computer system automatically
Automatically update itself all the time and slow down the Internet speed
Always produce a lot of annoying advertisements to attract you purchase HDD Fix and those warnings which is used to scare you
Method one: manual removal
This program could not be uninstalled via add/remove programs. You need to delete every file created by the malware and clean windows registry to the original.
1. Kill random process in task manager. If your task manager is blocked, you should restart computer and quickly run it before HDD Fix loads.
2. Delete following files
3. Run registry editor and remove the following items
Method two: automatic way to remove HDD Fix virus
While manual way is only suitable for users with advanced pc skills, automatic way is suitable for all users. Even experts will use automatic way to get rid of the malware. There is no complicated step involved. What you need is an antispyware program that has detection on HDD Fix virus. With such as program, you do not have to take risk to remove files and registry entries manually. A professional virus removal program like Spyware Cease could wipe off all malicious items instantly. What you need to do is to equip your computer with such a program that could detect and delete HDD Fix effectively. Are you looking for such a program? You can download and install Spyware Cease, a professional antispyware program.
- Backdoor.Egobot Removal Help - Effective Way to Wipe off Backdoor.Egobot
- What should you do when getting “An unexpected I/O error has occurred” error message?
- Simple solutions to deal with Windows DVD burner not found error message
- Adobe Flash Player ActiveX error - How to fix it?
- Error code 0X8002801c - Fix error code 0X8002801c instantly
- How to Remove About:Blank Homepage Hijacker completely
- Recycle Bin is giving error message - How to do?
- Online HD TV - How to Remove Online HD TV Hijacker from Web Browser
- Tips to Fully Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection from Computer