“Error: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates”
Such above Windows failure to start error message might happen due to a hardware or software issues. Whenever this startup error message appears, the hard drive becomes unmountable making all the data stored in the hard drive inaccessible and stop the computer from starting up normally as usual. If you are facing with this Windows startup error, take instant actions to troubleshoot and fix it as quickly as you can.
To deal with the Windows failure to start error, it is highly advised that you can boot the computer into safe mode and then perform a system restore from Windows Recovery Environment to an earlier date and check if it helps you fix the issue. Here are the simple steps that you can follow:
*Insert the installation disc and then restart the computer.
*If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.
* Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
* Click Repair your computer.
*Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
*On the System Recovery Options menu, click System Restore and select the date before the Windows failure to start error message appears.
Then, you’d better scan and remove PC viruses completely. Viruses are able to attack your hard disk or your third-part devices and remove some required files from the PC. At this time, the computer will fail to recall the needed files to start up the PC, it may eventually display a Windows failure to start error message. Just run your antivirus antispyware program to completely scan all PC viruses from your PC right now. This way, the computer can be well maintained and run properly all the time.
After making sure the computer is totally virus free, you still have to check and fix some existing hard disk errors when trying to totally get rid of the Windows failure to start error. To do this, you can instantly follow these instructions:
* Open My Computer and right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check.
* Select Properties and go to Tools tab. Here, click Check Now under the Error-checking option.
* Then a window will appear providing you some solutions to go. To thoroughly check and fix all errors, it is highly suggested that you can select both “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”. This way, all the errors and bad sectors in the hard disk will be checked and repaired automatically.
*Then, you can click Start to begin and follow the on-screen steps to finish.
Fifthly, check and fix registry errors. Windows registry is a very important database to basically store various data and configurations about your computer’s hardware and software information. And no matter whenever you start up the PC or launch a program, it will first access this database for the corresponding entries. However, after being used for a while, some invalid or useless entries of the various software & hardware can mess up the registry and harm the computer, bringing in a wide range of PC errors such as slow computer performance, pop up startup/shutdown errors, or even random computer freezing & crashing… When the system cannot locate the required entries to load your machine correctly, a Windows failure to start error message will display. But a simple registry fix with a trusted registry clean tool can help you deal with such error instantly.
In order to start up and run the computer properly, you’d better maintain the PC performance from now on with the above optimization tips. Only with a highly optimized PC, can you start it up correctly without a Windows failure to start error message or some other kinds of computer errors.
- Repair & Clean - Spyware Cease 6.3.0 Released!
- ESPN Toolbar Removal Help - How to Quickly and Completely Uninstall ESPN Toolbar
- How to tune your computer? Simple tips to make PC run at top performance
- How to Remove Trojan-Downloader.VBS.Agent.aby in minutes
- Guide to Help You Uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 from PC Step by Step
- Simple Way to Conduct AVS Video Converter Removal
- Uninstall Adobe Flash Media Encoder from Computer - The Easy Way
- How to Force Uninstall Orphans Remover from PC Successfully
- How to Remove Real Registry Cleaner effectively