The Windows C00D11B1 error is a common PC problem that many users will encounter when trying to launch the Windows Media Player. It may appear suddenly when you attempt to play a media file in using Windows Media Player to view or stream a video or audio file from the Internet. This can be very annoying if you are really in a need to view a favorite or desired video. The solutions below will help you repair Windows C00D11B1 error easily.
Sometimes, the Windows Media Player on your computer might contain a missing or corrupted file, which then causes the Windows C00D11B1 error. So, you can directly uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player on your PC. To do this, follow these steps to go:
* Click Start, and then go to Control Panel.
* Click Add/Remove program app.
* Scroll to Windows Media Player and click “Remove” to uninstall it.
* Click “OK” to finish uninstalling it and then follow the install guides to reinstall it again.
Then, you need to ensure that the proxy settings for the Windows Media Player installed on your PC are correctly configured. You can change the proxy settings to remedy the problem by clicking Start > Control Panel > Tools. Here, verify all the options for your internet browser and Windows Media Player are correct by checking with the Microsoft website. If some settings go wrong, you can set them correctly by using the Microsoft resource as a guide.
Thirdly, to fix Windows C00D11B1 error in playing a video or audio file, you still need to update all outdated drivers of your system. The outdated drivers on the computer will also cause the Windows C00D11B1 error when the needed driver for Windows Media Player is not properly installed. So do not forget to download and install all available drivers both for your hardware and software. This helps to easily improve PC performance and stop some unexpected errors to the computer.
After all the above steps, it is best that you can run a thorough registry scan to locate and remove all the useless/broken/corrpt registry entries from the computer. Registry is considered as the brain part of the Windows-based operating system to contain all the configured settings and options to always make sure the proper running of the computer. Such leftover ones will greatly mess up the database to severely slow down computer speed and cause different kind of computer errors just like the Windows C00D11B1 error when the system fail to read the needed files to play a file with Windows Media Player. So in my opinion, before reinstalling the application on your PC, you can give a registry cleaner product a try to see whether it solve this Windows C00D11B1 error. Sometimes, it will work!
In my opinion, the audio files and online videos make our computer life enjoyable & pleasant. If your Windows Media Player fails to play such resources by displaying a Windows C00D11B1 error message, follow the above steps to go. If these fail, leave me a common and I will try what I can to help you.
- Activate Memory Savior
- Wmiprvse.exe application error - Deal with wmiprvse.exe error simply
- Learn the Effective Way of Uninstalling MacroToolbar for Good
- Method to Uninstall File & Folder Protector Completely and Permanently
- W32.Phopifas Removal - How to Remove W32.Phopifas easily
- How to Remove Uncoverthenet.com from Web Browser
- Error code 0X80070715 solutions - Fix error code 0X80070715 yourself
- What is libvorbisfile.dll and how to fix libvorbisfile.dll error?
- Fix slow computer free - Steps to fix your slow computer for free