When clicking on a program, the users may get an error message saying “Application Not Found” together with a failure to launch the certain program. Seriously, they are unable to delete the problematic program from Control Panel because it is inaccessible when such an error message appears. What is up and how can you fix such an application error & run all your desired programs without problem?
When suffering from an “Application Not Found” error message, you’d better check and fix corrupt system files. This is because when the program cannot locate the required entries to start up correctly, it will soon generate such an error message. Take Windows 7 as an example, you can fix system file by simply following the solutions here:
*Open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
*Type “sfc /scannow” (without quotes but with the space) into the box.
* Hit Enter and follow the on-screen steps to go.
* Then your files will be scanned and repaired if necessary. Depending on your own system, it may take 10 or 20 minutes to complete this task.
Also, you can directly perform a system restore job so as to get the computer back to a previous state before “Application Not Found” error message. The System Restore utility is a package Windows feature that’s similar to “Last Known Configuration.” However, System Restore maintains multiple restore points instead of one last restore point for the computer. So, if the above steps do not help, directly perform the below steps. Here, I take Windows XP as an example to show you how to perform a system restore job and fix Windows fatal errors:
* Log on to Windows with the administrator permission.
* Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools -> System Restore.
* Click to select the Restore my computer to an earlier time option on the Welcome to System Restore page, and then click Next to continue.
* Click the most recent system restore point in the on the “Select a Restore Point” page
* Highlight the restore point, and then click “Next to go.
* Click “Next” on the Confirm Restore Point Selection page to finish the restore job.
* Restart the computer to make the restore job take effect and see whether the fatal errors have been solved or not.
Thirdly, you have to well maintain your hard disk. Hard disk is the most important part of your PC to store all your data, applications & operating system. Due to this fact, it is very easy to be attacked and infected by some viruses, and then creates error at any point of time to make the computer run improperly. To prevent some numerous “Application Not Found” error message, take several minutes to check and fix hard disk errors.
*Double-click on My Computer to open it.
*Select the disk that you want to diagnose and repair.
*Right click the disk to choose Properties.
*Choose the Tools tab.
*Click the Check Now button under Error Checking Status.
*Choose the tabs either for “Thorough” or “Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors” depending on your own systems.
*Click on Start to let the utility automatically scan and fix all errors inside your hard disk.
Then, you should check and fix Windows registry problems. The registry is the central database of Windows system to store all settings and information for the Windows to run the programs and hardware correctly without problems. Once something goes wrong due to some unknown reasons like virus infection, bad install/uninstall, or just a simple mis-removal, a lot of problems will occur. Even though registry has been considered as the main component of the Windows-based operating system, it is also the main causes for some errors including slow PC performance, blue screen error, crashing& freezing or “Application Not Found” error messages in launching a program. Thus, if the system cannot find the corresponding entries to load your desired program, you will get the “Application Not Found” error message. But this can be fixed instantly by a simple registry fix process.
No matter whichever program you are running and receive the “Application Not Found” error message, you can easily follow the above steps to go. They will completely troubleshoot the whole PC and return you an error-free computer automatically within minutes.
- Completely Uninstall Orca Browser from PC with Ease
- Ad.yieldmanager.com - How to Remove Ad.yieldmanager.com from Computer Completely
- How to Permanently Remove Sandboxie – Sandboxie Uninstall Guide
- Learn How to Permanently Remove Yahoo Messenger Password from PC
- Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013 - How Can I Remove Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013 safely
- How to Uninstall RealPlayer Free - RealPlayer Removal Tutorial
- Strmdll.dll is missing from your computer? Fix strmdll.dll immediately
- How to Effectively Uninstall Glary Registry Repair from Windows PCs?
- Best Choice to Uninstall ACDSee 10 Photo Manager from Computer