Microsoft Security Essentials is an antivirus software provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. There is no doubt that all Windows users are familiar with Microsoft software. However, when you try other new security program, you may want to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials. Need help for security program removal? Learn how to completely uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials & other hard-to-remove programs from your PC using instruction below.
Tips to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials
Actually, Add/Remove Programs often enables the same uninstall utility the software uses. You can remove Microsoft Security Essentials with the following tips:
1. Go to Control Panel on your PC by going to the Start menu. You’ll then find the Add/Remove Programs menu which you should click on.
2. When the window opens, you should scroll down to the Microsoft Security Essentials on the list and then click on it to remove it.
3. An uninstallation menu will appear which will guide you through the removal process of Microsoft Security Essentials.
4. You will then be prompted to restart your computer to complete the removal process.
Then you should find all the related Microsoft Security Essentials files and delete them from below location in your system.
Open Windows Search to search for every files related to Microsoft Security Essentials like:
C:\Programs Files\Microsoft Security Essentials
Lastly, delete remaining registry entries for Microsoft Security Essentials.
1. Log in to the computer as an Administrator to modify your registry.
2. Choose Start > Run, and type regedit in the Open textbox; click OK.
3. Navigate to one of the registry keys listed below and select it in the left panel; it appears in the registry editor as a folder.
4. Choose Edit > Delete. Click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 as needed for any remaining registry entries.
6. Remove the following registry entries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft \Microsoft Security Essentials
Want to easily get rid of all the components of Microsoft Security Essentials once and for all? You can use a professional uninstall tool to help you fully uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials or delete its files and entries. With technical skills in uninstalling programs, Perfect Uninstaller can truly help you uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials completely, including wiping out its files and entries. If you have removed Microsoft Security Essentials with security programs, you can also use Perfect Uninstaller to completely delete those leftovers.
- Reliable Method to Uninstall MemoryBoost Pro from Computer Thoroughly
- W32.Sality.Y2!inf - How to Remove W32.Sality.Y2!inf instantly
- CouponDropDown - How to Remove CouponDropDown Adware quickly
- Hl2.exe has stopped working - Fix it now
- Tips for Force Uninstalling Pc Clean Expert from Windows
- SSL Connection error 107 - Solve Chrome error 107 quickly
- Thoroughly Uninstall Eusing Free Registry Cleaner from Computer with Efficient Method
- W32.Blaster.Worm Removal - How Can I Remove W32.Blaster.Worm easily
- USB Drive Not Detected - Why USB Drive Not Recognized and How to Fix It?