Avast! Free Antivirus is a full-featured antivirus package designed exclusively for home and non-commercial use. Is your Avast! Free Antivirus invalid and you need to uninstall it from your computer? Due to the reason many computer newbie don’t know how to effectively uninstall security program from their computers, I have written this article to help you who need to uninstall Avast! Free Antivirus instantly and completely.
To uninstall Avast! Free Antivirus completely, first disable Avast! Free Antivirus’s self protection. It is recommended to restart the Windows PC in safe mode and then begin the removal.
Many programs have an uninstall option. The first method you can try is removing Avast! Free Antivirus with its built-in uninstall tool.
1. From the Start menu, select Programs or All Programs.
2. Find the folder for Avast! Free Antivirus you wish to uninstall and highlight it.
3. In many cases, on the menu that appears, you will see an uninstall option.
Another option is removing the program by using Add/Remove Programs.
1. Click the Start button and press the Control Panel icon.
2. Click on the Add/Remove Programs tab, or the Uninstall A Program icon.
3. Find the Avast! Free Antivirus icon and single click.
4. Press the Uninstall button and confirm that you want to uninstall the program
5. Once the program is removed, restart your computer.
Also, neither the manual uninstall like described above will remove the following directories, which you will have to remove by hand:
Windows 95 or 98: C:\Windows\Aplication Data\ Avast! Free Antivirus \
Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\ Avast! Free Antivirus \
Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ Avast! Free Antivirus \
Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\ Avast! Free Antivirus \
Finding it hard to thoroughly uninstall software from your computer? If you are encountering any problems when using the manual methods, then I can only recommend downloadable software to remove all the appropriate files for you.
Download one of the specialist uninstaller tools like Perfect Uninstaller which can forcibly uninstall any corrupted, half-installed, half-uninstalled and hidden programs that Control Panel can’t. It will automatically scan the whole registry, detect and fully remove the associated leftovers and return you a clean computer. With Perfect Uninstaller, Avast! Free Antivirus can be uninstalled within minutes. You can uninstall ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET Online Scanner easily and thoroughly from your computer as you wish!
- BCCode error 124 - Steps to solve BSOD error BCCode 124 now
- SVCR71.dll error in Windows 7 - Solutions to fix SVCR71.dllerror easily
- How to Permanently Remove Sandboxie – Sandboxie Uninstall Guide
- How to troubleshoot and fix gameguard initialize error 230 easily?
- Removal Instruction for Alexa Toolbar - How to Delete Alexa Toolbar from Firefox or IE8
- Error loading C:\WINDOWS\physxcudart_20.dll - Fix physxcudart_20.dll error instantly
- Vgrabber Removal Guide - How to Remove Vgrabber completely
- Backdoor.Arcomrat Removal Program - How to Remove Backdoor.Arcomrat quickly