“Error 1628: Failed to complete script based install.”
The above 1628 error message may occur when you are trying to uninstall, repair, or update an installation such as Zoo Tycoon 2 or WinDVD. Most of the time, the error message was caused due to a problem with the Windows Installer engine or the installation itself. No matter what it is, here you will get solutions to get rid of “1628: Failed to complete script based install” message and easily manage your programs as you like.
In many cases, the error 1628 message can happen when the Windows Installer Service is not properly configured on the computer or the one on your PC is not the latest version which is able to deal with your installation properly. At this time, go to Microsoft website, download and install the latest Windows Installer Service; after a restart, you will be able to run your installation again without a “failed to complete installation” error message.
Secondly, you might also get such a code 1628 error message when the uninstallation log file on your computer becomes corrupt. Hence, you should locate & close the Idriver.exe and Msiexec.exe files with the following instructions:
* Click Alt+Ctrl+Delete at the same time to bring the Task Manager.
* On the Processes tab, click the Image Name column, locate idriver.exe and msiexec.exe.
* Select each instance of both processes, and then click End Process.
* Close the Task Manager.
* Run the installation again to see whether the error has been resolved or not.
Sometimes, the “1628: Failed to complete script based install” error message can also happen when a file in the Temp directory conflicts with the files used by the installation. At this time, you should delete the entire contents of the Temp directory to prevent file conflicts as well as free up more available disk space so as to stop a code 1628 message or a computer startup error:
*Double-click the My Computer to open it.
*Navigate to the Temp directory; typically, it should be C:\Windows\Temp.
* Right click the directory to select Delete.
* Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to delete this folder from your PC.
If you have performed all the above steps but a “1628: Failed to complete script based install” error message remains, make sure the computer is not infected by a virus. Beside collecting & staling users information, viruses can most of the time stop you from installing a required program on the PC by eating up system resources, preventing you from properly accessing a necessary file or stopping the computer from writing something to the system smoothly… No matter you are infected or not, you’d better run your computer protection program immediately to thoroughly scan the whole PC and get rid of all detections. By the way, you should let it running in the background to realtime block and remove any potential threat to the PC.
Finally, completely scan and repair registry errors. First of all, you should know that everything including program setting, drivers, software & hardware configurations, etc are all stored within computer registry. Simply speaking, you can find almost every piece of information of your computer in Windows registry database. However, as time goes by, and as you install & uninstall programs, this database become intumescent with thousands of invalid, broken, useless entries… if the system cannot locate the required entries properly, you will come to the chance to get a “1628: Failed to complete script based install” error message in installing a program. Thus, you need to clean out the registry regularly so as to prevent some unwanted kinds of PC errors.
Still having problem in installing programs on the PC? Annoyed with the “1628: Failed to complete script based install” error message right now? Follow the above steps to maintain the machine right now; then, you can effectively manage your programs without issue.
- How to Remove Home.myplaycity.com Redirect Virus instantly
- How to Get Rid of Websearch.just-browse.info Redirection
- AV Security Suite - How to Get Rid of AV Security Suite quickly
- How come a computer won't install programs?
- Uninstall Protector Plus 2011 Antivirus Thoroughly from PC
- Why does my laptop keep crashing? Get PC running properly all the time
- Computer startup error - Common causes and solutions to computer startup errors
- Removing Adobe Photoshop CS4 from Computer with Effective Tips
- Simple solutions to fix “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE” BSOD errors