AltaVista Toolbar is a search toolbar that allows you to search for images, videos, music, news, content abd altavista translation via the Altavista search engine. Do you need to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar for the latest version? And if you are not sure about how to uninstall toolbars, please follow the below instructions.
Method one: Uninstall AltaVista Toolbar directly from Internet Explorer
1. First go to your Internet Explorer.
2. Then click on Tools, and then Manage Add-ons.
3. A screen should pop up. Once you find AltaVista Toolbar, click on it then click disable.
4. After that exit out the Internet then come back in your browser.
5. Restart Internet Explorer to complete the process.
Method two: Uninstall AltaVista Toolbar through the Control Panel
Go to Start > Control Panel. Double-click on Add or Remove Programs. (In Windows Vista, go Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs >Uninstall a program.)
Select AltaVista Toolbar icon and click Change/Remove.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
But you will find it a little tricky to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar since it does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs. Deleting it manually could cause unexpected malfunction of your system. If you want to forcibly correctly uninstall AltaVista Toolbar, apply the steps as below.
1. Using Windows Explorer, locate and delete the installation folder for AltaVista Toolbar that was uninstalled in the previous procedures, e.g., “C:\Program Files\AltaVista”.
2. Go to Start and Run, type “Regedit” to open Registry Editor and locate/remove all these registry entries:
Recommended Method: Follow these steps to use the Uninstaller Assistant
The best way to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar is to download and run a professional uninstall tool as such kind of products helps to greatly detect and remove all entries of the products from the computer. And Perfect Uninstaller is one that will do the job perfectly for you. To uninstall AltaVista Toolbar completely, perform the below steps:
1. Download and install Perfect Uninstaller on your computer.
2. Locate & highlight the AltaVista Toolbar and select “Uninstall” to begin the removal process.
3. Click “Next” to proceed when the below steps appear.
4. Perfect Uninstaller is scanning all related AltaVista Toolbar entries on your computer and then click “Next”.
5. Click “Yes” to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar from your computer.
- Battery Doubler Uninstall Guide - A Perfect Way to Uninstall Battery Doubler from PC
- Livesearchnow.com Redirect - How to Remove Livesearchnow.com Browser Hijacker
- What does Error 502 Bad Gateway mean and how to solve it?
- Error code 0X80070035 - Solve code 0X80070035 error quickly
- How to Uninstall Risingware Exp+ Free Edition? - Instantly Fix Your Uninstall Problem for Free!
- IRP Hook Rootkit - How to Remove IRP Hook Rootkit from Your PC
- How to Remove P2P-Worm.Win32.Franvir quickly from Slow Computer
- Operating System Not Found Error - Fix It Easily
- How to Remove Ardamax Keylogger completely