AltaVista Toolbar is a search toolbar that allows you to search for images, videos, music, news, content abd altavista translation via the Altavista search engine. Do you need to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar for the latest version? And if you are not sure about how to uninstall toolbars, please follow the below instructions.
Method one: Uninstall AltaVista Toolbar directly from Internet Explorer
1. First go to your Internet Explorer.
2. Then click on Tools, and then Manage Add-ons.
3. A screen should pop up. Once you find AltaVista Toolbar, click on it then click disable.
4. After that exit out the Internet then come back in your browser.
5. Restart Internet Explorer to complete the process.
Method two: Uninstall AltaVista Toolbar through the Control Panel
Go to Start > Control Panel. Double-click on Add or Remove Programs. (In Windows Vista, go Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs >Uninstall a program.)
Select AltaVista Toolbar icon and click Change/Remove.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
But you will find it a little tricky to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar since it does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs. Deleting it manually could cause unexpected malfunction of your system. If you want to forcibly correctly uninstall AltaVista Toolbar, apply the steps as below.
1. Using Windows Explorer, locate and delete the installation folder for AltaVista Toolbar that was uninstalled in the previous procedures, e.g., “C:\Program Files\AltaVista”.
2. Go to Start and Run, type “Regedit” to open Registry Editor and locate/remove all these registry entries:
Recommended Method: Follow these steps to use the Uninstaller Assistant
The best way to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar is to download and run a professional uninstall tool as such kind of products helps to greatly detect and remove all entries of the products from the computer. And Perfect Uninstaller is one that will do the job perfectly for you. To uninstall AltaVista Toolbar completely, perform the below steps:
1. Download and install Perfect Uninstaller on your computer.
2. Locate & highlight the AltaVista Toolbar and select “Uninstall” to begin the removal process.
3. Click “Next” to proceed when the below steps appear.
4. Perfect Uninstaller is scanning all related AltaVista Toolbar entries on your computer and then click “Next”.
5. Click “Yes” to uninstall AltaVista Toolbar from your computer.
- Helpful Method to Uninstall Blue Atom Antivirus from Your PC
- Paragon Total Defrag Removal Guide - How to Uninstall Paragon Total Defrag with Effective Ways
- Computer keeps freezing for no reason and what should I do?
- File Restore Removal - How to Remove File Restore from My PC
- Windows 7 installation error - Troubleshoot and fix Windows 7 installation issue
- CMOS Checksum Error - Steps to Fix CMOS Checksum Error Quickly
- Computer keeps messing up - Optimize PC performance on your own
- VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!X - Best Way to Remove VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!X
- Steps to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Check Error Effectively