“Error 1606: Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%\RECENT\”
This is quite a common issue that posted in many forums; but unfortunately, through looking many of posts, we could not find a comprehensive solution to solve this error 1606. Well, this is an error code that usually happens while you are trying to install or uninstall a program from the PC. But here, you will get detailed solutions on how to troubleshoot & fix this problem instantly.
When receiving the error 1606 message in installing or uninstall a program, simply restart your computer into safe mode and try to the install/uninstall job again! But it is highly suggested that you can first uninstall your Firewall or antivirus program before such job as it will sometimes block some actions on the computer. And do remember to reinstall a trusted antivirus product when the update finishes, otherwise, this will push your PC into another danger: too easy to be infected and computer slowing down significantly.
Secondly, if your computer is infected by spyware or viruses, it can also bring in annoying “Error 1606: Could not access network location” error message. Once some files are attacked or broken by threats, it will fail to recall needed files to update the system properly. If this is the case, do immediately scan your computer with the antivirus antispyware program without hesitation. In my opinion, it is best that you can let your antivirus programs always runs at system startups and in the background as this helps to block and remove PC threats at any time.
Sometimes, the Windows error 1606 will happen when the Windows installer encounters a problem. So to fix it, you have to look at the permissions for your user account. If the user account with which you’re trying to install the update does not have enough administrator permissions, you may fail to install the Windows update successfully. To do this, you can completely click onto your “Control Panel” and then edit the “User Accounts” to make sure you have enough full administrator privileges. Alternatively, you can also do this by using an “SQL” command, or the “Enterprise Manager” to archive the necessary privileges.
Fourthly, this error 1606 can also appear when the Windows cannot read the needed files properly. So to solve this problem, what you need to do fourthly is to make sure that all drive are accessible correctly, and the Chkdsk program is one that helps to recover files from any damaged areas of the disk and will sometimes solve this computer problem as you can see the steps below:
* Go to Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
* When the Command Prompt window opens, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER to proceed. Then, you will be prompted to schedule Chkdsk to run when the computer restarts.
* Press Y, and then press ENTER.
* Restart your computer as request. During the system startup, Windows will fully scan your disk for errors; try to recover any files that are located on damaged areas on the disk.
After all the above steps, you still need to fix Windows registry errors. Every time you install or uninstall a program, it will add or remove some entries to or from Windows registry. With so many combinations of records that overlap each other – especially bad installation, numerous broken or useless entries will be left in the registry database. These corrupted files will make Windows unable to access and read the registry for required files to finish the install/uninstall process by showing an error 1606 message. Therefore, to fix error “1606: Could not access network location” problem, the last thing you should do is to fix the corrupted registry entries at first. Only with a clean and compact registry, can you run your computer more smoothly.
Are you still receiving the “error 1606: Could not access network location” in installing or uninstalling a program? Stop worrying it from right now! Simply follow the above steps and you will soon get rid of the error as quickly as you can.
- What is a safe way to remove junk files and registry errors from your computer?
- How to Remove Win 7 Antispyware Pro 2013 in Simple Steps
- Simple solutions to tune up your PC
- How to Remove Backdoor.Korplug!gen2 completely
- How to Uninstall BitDefender Free Edition from Computer without Any Trace
- Activate Memory Savior
- Free Support for Uninstalling Spyware Process Detector from Your PC
- How to Get Rid of Businesslistingsearch.net Browser Hijacker
- Uninstall Slim PDF Reader from Your Computer in an Easy and Fast Way