“This copy of Windows is not genuine”
“Windows is not genuine;Your computer might not be running a counterfeit copy of Windows.
“Error: 0X80070005 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges”
Upon logging onto the computer with Windows 7 operating system installed, the users will come to the chance to get one of the above Windows not genuine error message. Because of this, they are unable to run the computer, download the releases Microsoft updates or enjoy some other Microsoft functions properly; at the same time, they will soon suffer from an unexpected errors such as Windows 7 blue screen error. But how to get rid of the Windows 7 not genuine messages at ease?
To solve the Windows 7 not genuine error, you can instantly disable the Plug and Play Policy. To do this job, you can simply follow the solutions here:
-> Determine the source of the policy.
* If you are experiencing the Activation error, click Start, Run and entering rsop.msc as the command to run the Resultant Set of Policy wizard;
* Or you can directly visit this location: Computer Configuration / Policies / Windows Settings /Security Settings / System Services /
If the Plug and Play service is properly configured through a Group Policy setting, you can see it here with settings other than Not Defined. Also, here you can see which Group Policy is applying this setting.
-> Then, you can disable the Group Policy settings and force the Group Policy to be reapplied.
* Edit the Group Policy that is identified in the step and change the setting to “Not Defined”. Or you can follow the below section to add the required permissions for the Network Service account.
* Directly force the Group Policy setting to reapply: gpupdate /force and restart the computer if you are prompted.
If you have tried editing and resetting the Group Policy setting but still have the prompt pop-up every time while logging onto the Windows 7 system, you can do a system restore job to get your computer to a previous state before the “Windows 7 is not genuine” error message appears. To do a restore job in Windows 7, you can simply follow steps here:
* Click on the Start button and type System Restore in the search box; in the list of results, click System Restore to open it. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or make sure you want to open it.
* Then, you can follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your Windows 7 computer easily.
Thirdly, you have to make sure that you have all latest drivers installed on the computer. Please note that a device driver is such a program that works as an intermediate between hardware and much higher computer programs. With the help of the device drivers, we are able to run the computer and audio hardware correctly; otherwise, it will just be a cold machine. An outdated driver will stop you from running the Windows 7 computer properly and display a “Windows not genuine” error message. Easily download a driver update program, and install all recommended drivers will be one step you should not miss when trying to get rid of Windows not genuine error message in Windows 7.
Sometimes, an incorrect registry entry can also stop your Windows 7 from running properly and display a Windows not genuine message. Window registry is simply a Win db that used to store various data of the whole computer, including configurations about your software and hardware, your user’s account & information, etc. No matter whatever you have done on the computer, it will add some corresponding entries to this database. With the passage of time, most incomplete software installation/uninstallation, and some other files on within this database will cause your Windows registry goes missing, corrupted or damaged. If the system cannot locate the correct entries to load all components of Windows computer correctly, you will get a Windows not genuine message. It is quite important to download and run a registry repair tool to completely scan the whole PC and fix all errors inside.
In my opinion, a sudden Windows 7 not genuine message is very frustrating and may sometimes stop you from using the computer properly. But the good news is that, you are able to get rid of it with any of the above solutions. Thanks for reading and wish you enjoy your Windows 7 computer all the time!
- Information on Uninstalling InSight Desktop Search Instantly from PC
- ShopFree Toolbar Uninstall Tutorial - Steps to Uninstall ShopFree Toolbar with Great Success
- Computer shuts down randomly? Fix random computer shutdowns effectively
- Uninstalling MpcStar - An Easy Way to Fully Remove MpcStar from Computer
- How to Remove ICSPA Virus quickly
- Instruction to Fully and Instantly Uninstall 1st Email Anti-Virus from Your PC
- How to fix an application error? Fix application errors instantly
- Rtl120.bpl missing - Repair rtl120.bpl error quickly
- How to deal with Windows Media “Did not fit on device” problem?