Frequent Windows crashes are the most common tough problems to millions of PC users all around the world. That is because everything comes to a halt and what you do just go like a smoke when this happens. Most of the time, the computer crash unexpectedly when you are playing a game, visiting a page, writing down your diary or even launching a small program… However, stopping or fixing unexpected computer crashing is not such difficult and there is no need to replace your PC with a new one. By taking these PC maintenance tips in your daily computer life, you will be able to prevent Windows crashes effectively before they happen.
To prevent Windows crashes, you have to first make sure that your computer is always virus-free. Besides of colleting and stealing user’s personal information, viruses or spyware programs are notoriously known for eating up computer resources and slowing down computer speed. When there are not enough computer resources for the computer to start up or running some certain programs, it will become desperately slow and will crash quickly. So it is best that you can make your antivirus antispyware programs running in the background to detect and remove computer threats at any time.
Secondly, when you are asking the question” How to prevent Windows crashes before they happen?” you may have forgotten how many programs you have set to run at system startup. The more programs you require them to run at system startup, the more time the system needs to boot up and the more chance for you to get a computer crash. To stop and fix computer crashing problem instantly, you may consider limit some unwanted program to boot up at Windows system startup.
After cutting off some undesired startup programs, you’d better remove system junk files. Tons of the junk file can drastically decrease the system performance and annoy you with lists of further obscure system problems. By removing them, you can most of the time stop a computer crash from happening. Here, I take Windows 7 as an example to show you how to run the built- in disk cleanup utility to perform a total removal task for freeing up the disk space:
1. Run Task Scheduler: Click Start, and then go to Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click to run Task Scheduler. To perform the task, you must log in the system as an administrator.
2. Click Action, and then go to Create Basic Task.
3. Type a name for the task and an optional description, and then click Next.
4. To select a schedule based on the calendar, you can choose Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or One time, and then click Next.
5. Specify the schedule you need, and then click Next.
6. Click Start a program, and then click Next.
7. Click Browse, and, in the File name box, type in cleanmgr.exe, click Open, and then click Next.
8. Click Finish.
Fourthly, if your RAM is lower than 1 G, I highly suggest that you can upgrade it to 2 G at least or higher. Otherwise, you will come to the chance to get an exception error 0Xc0000005 together with a PC crash when starting up the PC or loading a certain program. If you already have more than 2 G but still get the computer freeze problem frequently, do not run many programs at one time and you should disable some unneeded startup items to prevent PC freezing at system starts as what I have said in the previous paragraph.
Finally, you should run free registry scan to resolve all registry errors. As what I have discussed in my other posts, when installing programs on your computer, it will automatically add entries to Windows registry. But when uninstalling programs, some registry entries will be left like stubborn elements. All of these leftover registry entries will make the registry bloated, greatly slowing down computer performance and eventually bring in frequent Windows crashes. So do remember to run a registry cleaner at least once a week to make your vista computer run faster all the time.
To prevent and fix Windows crashes, it is strongly recommended that you can have a computer optimization tool such as Registry Easy to maintain your PC regularly. It equipments with lots of maintenance toolkits to clean up the registry errors of your PC and make it always run at top performance. Download one and free scan your computer now!
- Computer keeps crashing - What to do when your computer crashes?
- Binkw32.dll is missing - Repair binkw32.dll error easily here
- Vista Total Security 2013 Removal Help - How Can You Remove Vista Total Security 2013 easily
- Trojan.Ranbot - How to Remove Trojan.Ranbot instantly
- Bad sector repair - How to repair bad sector on your hard drive?
- How can I make my old computer run faster? Easy tips to speed up your computer
- Completely Uninstall Orca Browser from PC with Ease
- Internet Explorer crashes - Fix Internet Explorer issue quickly
- Windows XP crashes - Prevent and stop random computer crashes effectively