Smart Security is just another latest fake security program which can root on the compromised computer with the help of Trojans. The software promotes itself as an advanced antivirus program that can detect hidden virus and protect the computer effectively. Some users may falsely download the program by clicking on fake security warnings. Like many other fake security programs, Smart Security will displays fake security alerts saying the computer is attacked and need a thorough scan. Usually, it will pretend to scan the computer quickly and then list a number of non-exit Trojans. However, users may think the scan result is reliable since the infected computer has various problems. For example, some programs can not run and internet access is not available. Actually, those problems are caused by Smart Security.
If you are a computer novice, you should use a professional virus removal program to fix the infected computer. If you have basic pc skills, you may be able to remove the rogue software on your own.
How to remove Smart Security manually
Manual way is to pick up related components of the malware and then remove them completely, but this method may not be able to adopt if the registry editor and task manager are blocked. We find that Smart Security will change system settings to prevent itself from being deleted.
1. Run task manager and stop the rogue software from running by ending related processes
2. Delete related files
3. Delete related registry entries created by Smart Security via registry editor
Smart Security automatic removal guide
Besides manual way, a virus removal program is a common choice to get rid of the virus because it is faster and safer. Computers without a virus removal program are easily attacked by virus. The infection somehow shows that the compromised computer has some security vulnerability. Apparently you are looking for an effective way to get rid of Smart Security. Here is one for you. Spyware Cease is an advanced antispyware program, which is more suitable to cure a computer infected by rogue programs.
- Permanent Solution You Can Use to Uninstall ClaroRead from PC
- Uninstall Anapod Explorer Free - How to Effectively Remove Anapod Explorer from PC
- Completely Uninstall Sergiwa Antiviral Toolkit from System in Minutes
- Stop 0Xc000000e startup error - Deal with Boot Error 0XC000000E easily
- How to Uninstall TuneUp Utilities 2010 with Great Efficiency
- Sound not working on Windows XP - Get back PC sound instantly
- Win32/Lefgroo Removal - How to Get Rid of Win32/Lefgroo instantly
- Vista Internet Security 2013 - How to Remove Vista Internet Security 2013 instantly
- How to Get Rid of Hotfeed.net Browser Hijacker