Trojan.Winlock is a malicious Trojan horse virus like Trojan.Ransomlock.R that can lock the desktop of the compromised computer. When the desktop is locked, the computer is almost unusable. Usually, a message will show on the desktop and ask users to pay if they want to unlock the desktop. Actually, the only effective solution is to remove Trojan.Winlock completely from the pc. When the desktop is locked, it is quite difficult to do anything so the Trojan is hard to remove. It is easy to get such infection if you randomly download unknown files from internet, check spam emails or do not have an antivirus program with real-time protection. A security program is the key to remove Trojan.Winlock completely. Meanwhile, there are also other ways to get rid of the Trojan such as manual way.
How to remove Trojan.Winlock manually
Just like other threats, the Trojan creates many files and register entries on the compromised computer. It is very important to delete all components of the Trojan because any related file can restore the Trojan easily. The following are 3 brief steps to wipe off Trojan.Winlock.
1. Remove malicious processes from memory
2. Run registry editor and delete following registry entries
Trojan.Winlock is a Trojan horse that locks the desktop making the computer unusable.
3. Search for Trojan.Winlock files and delete them completely
It may be difficult to find out malicious files on your own, but it is an essential duty for a professional security program.
Best way to remove Trojan.Winlock
Using a security program is always the best way to get rid of any kind of infection. While users may corrupt the computer during manual removal, using a security program will never cause damage on the computer. Even when you hire a pc technician to remove Trojan.Winlock, he will try an advanced virus removal program like Spyware Cease first to save time and effort. When your antivirus program can detect the Trojan, you can try to enter Safe Mode with Networking, kill malicious processes and then run a full scan. It is widely used when an antivirus program fails to remove a virus. If you are tired of all the trouble and problems, we recommend you to download Spyware Cease directly. It can wipe off the Trojan and unlock your desktop immediately.
- Csrss.exe error solutions - Ways to fix csrss.exe error easily
- How to troubleshoot and get rid of various HTTP error codes?
- How to get rid of “Error 1606: could not access network location” message?
- Windows Vista error 8056 - Solutions to Windows Vista error 8056
- How to prevent a PC crash while updating Windows?
- How can you fix unhandled exception on Steam?
- Antivirus Live Removal Guide - How to Remove Antivirus Live by yourself
- 0Xc004f074 Windows 7 error - Common causes and solutions
- XP Antivirus Plus 2013 - Three Ways to Remove XP Antivirus Plus 2013