Trojan.Winlock!gen1 is a rootkit Trojan that could disguise itself in the kernel and it is even hard for a security program to detect it in some circumstances. The Trojan is mainly designed to steal data from the compromised system. When delivering the collected data, the Trojan will interrupt incoming and outgoing internet traffic. Trojan.Winlock!gen1 will gain system information such as DNS and Host File, and personal data like users names, credit card data and passwords. Meanwhile, the Trojan allows hackers to transfer malicious data to the infected system. Some victims may find they still could not access internet even after removing Trojan.Winlock!gen1. It is because the Trojan changes DNS settings. If you want to get rid of the infection safely and quickly, you could refer to the instructions here.
How Can I Get Rid of Trojan.Winlock!gen1 Manually
Manual removal is complicated to conduct for most users. And it is easy to make mistakes when dealing with Registry Entries. Any inaccurate operation may result in data loss and system crash. If you want to have a try, here are the basic steps for you. Please be cautious.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the Window Task Manager. Then stop all the Trojan.Winlock!gen1 related processes.
2. Find and delete all the related files.
3. Find and delete all the associated Registry Entries.
Quick Trojan.Winlock!gen1 removal guide
If you are not experienced at removing the Trojan manually or you do not want to spend so much time on troubleshooting the infection, you should choose an antivirus program. An antivirus program is able to pick up malicious files and provide automatic and safe removal. While some antivirus programs may fail to remove Trojan.Winlock!gen1, some like Spyware Cease will wipe off the infection effectively. Spyware Cease, a new but advanced virus removal program, is good at detecting hidden virus and removing various pc threats. Moreover, it is also a good choice to protect the computer against virus attack. If your antivirus could not protect your pc from Trojan.Winlock!gen1 and remove it completely, it is time to download Spyware Cease.
1. Run Spyware Cease and let it complete automatic update
2. Click on online scan
3. Click on remove button after scan
- WhiteSmoke Toolbar Removal - How to Remove WhiteSmoke Toolbar completely
- Free Uninstall Tutorial - How to Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Quickly and Thoroughly
- Magic Memory Optimizer Uninstalling Tips - How to Permanently Remove Magic Memory Optimizer
- iTunes Activation Error - Causes and Solutions
- Searchnu.com Removal - How to Remove Searchnu.com Browser Hijacker easily
- Ccapp.exe is not responding - Solutions to fix ccapp.exe error quickly
- Directions to Uninstall Norton Ghost - How to Thoroughly Remove Norton Ghost from PC
- How to Completely and Effectively Uninstall Image Resizer Powertoy from Windows XP
- Mssip32.dll not found - Fix mssip32.dll error on your computer instantly