Windows Security Center virus imitates legitimate virus removal program but actually it is a fake antivirus program which comes from the family of rogue program. If you encounter a website that pretends to scan your computer or report you that it has found many viruses on your computer, you should close the site as soon as possible or Windows Security Center virus will get in to your computer and install automatically. The rogue program will further cheat you into purchasing the full version by displaying fake security alerts and fake scan report. Some victims fall into the trick and find the program has no ability to wipe off viruses and the detected virus does not exist actually. Some victims do not purchase the software and find the virus cause lots of problems such as blocking programs, system service and access to internet. The basic way to cure your pc is to wipe off Windows Security Center virus completely.
There are two methods available according to the level of your pc skills. Advanced users can choose to remove the virus manually but recommendation is to remove it by a virus removal program.
Manual way to remove Windows Security Center virus
The manual removal is only practical when you still could open task manager, access files and run registry editor.
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time and run task manager. Click process tab and find out a suspicious process usually with random name. Right-click it and select end process
2. Click start menu – go to run – type in regidit and press ok. Remove following registry entries
3. Delete following files
How to remove Windows Security Center virus easily
As I mentioned above, even an expert will try an antispyware program before he tries the manual removal way. An antispyware program is more intelligent and safe to handle the infection. The one commonly used to remove fake antivirus like Windows Security Center virus is Spyware Cease, which could not only remove virus but also cure infected system files without damaging system.
1. Enter Safe Mode with Networking
2. Reset internet explorer settings to download Spyware Cease
run IE – click on Tools – click Internet Options – go to Connections tab – click LAN settings button – uncheck the item Use a proxy server for your LAN – click OK
3. Run an online scan
4. Get rid of Windows Security Center virus by clicking remove button after scan
5. Restart the computer
You may hesitate to try a new security program. We are sure that you will get a satisfied result after a scan.
- Unknown error 0XE8000084 - Steps to fix error 0XE8000084 in iTunes easily
- How can I get my computer to stop freezing?
- CheeseSoft Released Perfect Uninstaller 6.2.3
- Memory parity error blue screen - Solve BSOD errors effectively
- How to Conduct a Complete File Recovery Assist Removal on Your PC
- Free Everest Home Edition Removal - Way to Force Uninstall Everest Home Edition
- Laptop keeps freezing up - Stop laptop freezing issue easily
- Removing Password Manager Deluxe from Your PC Easily and Quickly
- Information on How to Freely Uninstall Avivo Video Converter from Computer