Internet Explorer (IE) may become unstable and stop working at randomly even though it is the most popular web browser on the world. When using the computer and surfing a certain page, you will annoyingly get an error message saying that “Internet Explorer has stopped working”. Such unforeseen IE stop working problem will make your computer life less enjoyable. But how can you solve it quickly?
When getting the IE stop working error message, restart the computer and try another choice without other programs running. Sometimes some on-working programs will stop you from running some applications including Internet Explorer.
If restarting cannot fix the problem, then reinstalling the Internet Explorer application might help solve the issue. Reinstallation of the program can help overwrite faulty components of the application. Further, it will also be easier for the computer to support the application when its settings and files are refreshed.
But if an “Internet Explorer has stopped working” error message still remains after a reinstall, do remember to pay several minutes to reset Internet Explorer configuration settings. If the two solutions above do not help, then you can reset the Internet Explorer configuration settings trying to solve the problem. But please note that this will disable all browser add-ons and you have to re-enable your needed add-ons after the reset job. To do this task, perform steps below:
* Run your Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
* Click Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
*When you are in the Internet Explorer Default Settings dialog box, click Reset.
* When the settings have been reset, click Close, and then click OK to restart Internet Explorer and the problem must be solved.
Thirdly, you should download and run a powerful antispyware antivirus program to thoroughly scan your computer. Once any virus is detected, you should immediately remove them from your computer. Some viruses will remove a required system file from the PC and generate the “Internet Explorer has stopped working” or Outlook error 0X8004102A error message when the system cannot access it properly.
If the “Internet Explorer has stopped working” error message still remained even though you have tried all solutions above, then cleaning computer registry will help to 99% solve this browser problem. The registry contains all the files, settings and applications used by programs, such as Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Only with a clean registry, will your Internet Explorer or other installed problem always run properly. However, registry is too easy to attack by kinds of threats as they are used too frequently when using the computer, which results in kinds of registry errors, computer errors. Cleaning the registry will remove or repair problematic components inside the system, including those that are causing problems with your Internet Explorer.
In a word, it is quite common for you to get an error message indicating “Internet Explorer has stopped working” while surfing the web. But after taking the above instructions, you can easily troubleshoot and solve the IE stop working problem quickly.
- How to Remove Trojan.Ransomlock!g21 effectively
- How to Remove IE Privacy Keeper Completely - Uninstall Guide for IE Privacy Keeper
- Having Problem in Uninstalling Zemana AntiLogger? - Effective Zemana AntiLogger Removal
- How to deal with Windows Media “Did not fit on device” problem?
- Free Dr.Web CureIt! Removal - Learn How to Uninstall Dr.Web CureIt! Fast
- How to Remove HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer completely
- Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.b Removal - How to Remove Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.b instantly
- Megaupload Toolbar Uninstall - Suggestion for Removing Megaupload Toolbar for Good
- How can you get rid of “Boot Disk Failure Insert System Disk” error message?