When opening iTunes on a Windows-based computer, you may sometimes get the following alert: “iTunes was not installed properly. Please re-install iTunes. (Error 7).” Usually, this error was caused by a bad installation of a version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework, which at the same time can bring in some other errors such as computer blue screen c000021a error to the computer. For the security of the computer, you should troubleshoot and fix iTunes error 7 the as quickly as you can.
To solve the iTunes error 7, first you have to repair .NET 2.0 Framework Installation on your computer. This is the may cause to why this error keep on happening again and again when you open the iTunes. To repair .NET Framework 2.0, you should
* Click start menu and run Control Panel
* Double-click Add/remove program
*Find out Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 in the list and click Change/Remove button next to it
* Select Repair and follow prompt to finish repair
After reparing .NET Framework, check whether code 7 error on iTunes is fixed or not. If not, go on the next solution.
Secondly, to more effectively prevent and fix the iTunes error 7, it is recommended that you can fully scan your computer with your antispyware program to remove all existing threats and block all potential risks to the computer. A virus may reset any setting on your computer without letting you know and stop you from running your iTunes correctly. With a virus-free computer, I believe you can run your iTunes smoothly all the time without errors.
In the two above solutions do not help, you can try uninstalling and re-installing the iTunes program. To do this, you can go to “Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs” to first uninstall the iTunes application from your computer and then reinstall it again with the installation CD. But before the reinstallation, it is highly recommended that you can scan your whole system with a registry clean utility as it helps to detect and remove all invalid leftover entries immediately, returning you a fresh system again within steps.
We know that registry acts as the most important component of the computer and controls the proper running of the computer and all programs installed on the PC. When there are some errors existing in this database, the system will fail to read the needed files correctly and then display an error 7 message when the computer cannot load the iTunes program correctly. So, if the solutions above do not help to fix the error, do remember to pay several minutes to download and run a registry cleaning tool to see whether it helps or not. According to my own experience, this will sometimes be the most effective solutions to fix various computer errors.
With the simple instructions above, you will be able to easily troubleshoot and get rid of error 7 in iTunes. However, if you see a similar message, but do not see “Error 7″ within the message, then this article will not resolve your issue. Sincerely hope that you can check my other posts for help!
- Virus:Win32/Drowor.B - How to Remove Virus:Win32/Drowor.B quickly
- Force Uninstall Mp3DirectCut with Simple and Safe Way
- Methods to Delete Drive Security Manager Permanently from Your PC
- How to Permanently Uninstall SWF & FLV Player from Your System
- How to Remove Isearch.glarysoft.com Redirect
- SpyDLLRemover Uninstall Help - How to Fully Delete SpyDLLRemover from PC
- Remove KraMixer DJ Software Free - How to Uninstall KraMixer DJ Software Perfectly
- Win 7 Security 2013 - How to Remove Win 7 Security 2013 completely
- Error code 8000FFFF - Easily get rid of error code 8000FFFF in installing updates