If one day you see that your system has stopped producing sound. How will you feel? It is common that computers, these days, are available with speakers and this has been one of the reasons for it turned out to be more like music systems. And lots of users use it to listen to music, watch TV, see movies, and play games, etc in daily computer life. If you have lost sound on computer, you may find the computer life less enjoyable. But how can you get back PC sound easily?
The first step you should do when lost sound on computer is to ensure that the volume & audio settings of your PC are correct. You can easily do this by going to “Start” and then selecting “Control Panel”. Here, pick “Sound” and check & change the audio settings that Windows may have inside. This will generally show whether your speakers / headphones are working correctly or not.
If they are not recognized, you have to make sure that all drivers are installed by following the below instructions.
* Click the Start Button and then Control Panel to the Right
* Click on System and Security, and then Device Manager. Enter your password if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation and then continue.
* Double click Sound, video and game controllers. If you have a sound card installed properly, then you can see it listed here. If there is something wrong with the device it will have a yellow”?” next to it.
* Right click the sound card and click Properties, click the General tab, and look in the Device Status box. If there is a problem, you may need to download and install a new driver.
In addition, some inferior parts and components of the computer will be another cause for why you lost sound on computer or some other errors like Dell Error Code 0Xc0000034 at startup. So you should pay enough attention when buying CPU, memory chip and other components to always ensure the proper running of the computer.
Thirdly, remove the incompatible third-party software with the Recovery Console. Sometimes, an incompatible 3-party program can also make you to lost sound on computer. At this time, you need to check what you have installed recently and easily remove them from the computer by using the Recovery Console. However, you can uninstall them by using the Windows built-in Add/Remove Programs feature.
Finally, you need to check and repair Windows registry errors. Some users will take it as granted that sound problem can only be caused by sound card problems without realizing that it can be caused by Windows registry. Windows registry stores all the settings and options of the hardware & software on the computer; only with a clean registry database, can the system properly access all of its required entries and load the computer and hardware & software properly. So when trying to get back PC sound, besides checking & updating the needed drivers, what you still need to do is to scan and fix any registry errors on your computer.
Well, lost sound on computer but do not know what you should do? First of all, you need to make sure that the sound card driver is installed on your computer properly; and then follow the on-screen steps to go. Thus, you will soon get back PC sound and enjoy it easily!
- NTLDR is missing - Fix “NTLDR is missing” computer error easily
- 1601 iTunes error fix - Fix error 1601 on iTunes easily
- How to Remove W32.Extrat!gen1 Step by Step
- Error code 12 fix - How to fix Device Manager code 12 error?
- How to remove Trojan.Prinimalka from Your Computer
- Completely Uninstall Multi Virus Cleaner with This Effective Instruction
- BTTray.exe application error - Solve BTTray.exe error simply
- File Splitter PRO Uninstalling Tips - Quick Way to Remove Unwanted File Splitter PRO
- Complete BitTorrent Toolbar Removal Help - How to Effectively Uninstall BitTorrent Toolbar