“Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys”
Need to get access to your computer right now but keep receiving the above error messages again and again? Well, many users report that they cannot start up the computer properly due to the “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” error message, but do not know what they should do. Are you one of the victims? If so, follow me and you can get the PC run correctly again!
Just as what you can learn from the error message, a missing or corrupted Fastfat.sys file can bring in the “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” error message at startup. So, the first thing you should do is to try a SFC scan to check for any corrupt system files as some missing or corrupted files on the PC will make the computer to run improperly by showing different kinds of error messages including 0X8007007E computer error. To do a SFC scan, follow the steps below:
* Click on Start, in the Start search bar type cmd and then press enter.
* If you get any User account control prompts, click on continue.
* Then type sfc /scannow within the box and then press enter to go.
* Insert your Windows installation disk if it prompts for a disk.
* Then it will automatically scan and fix all errors inside your PC.
If the above solution does not work, restore the system to a previous state before the error message appears. This simple job takes you back to the state before the “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” error message occurred and gets rid of the error easily. So if you have ever made a system restore point, directly perform the below steps and continue:
* Go to Start – All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – System Restore.
* Right click on “System Restore” under the System Tools tab, then click “Pin to Start Menu” easy access.
* Press continue at the “Windows needs you permission to continue dialog box.
* Select “Choose a different Restore Point”.
*If “Choose a different restore point” was selected the “Choose a restore point” dialog box will appear. Choose a restore point and click on Next.
* Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore job.
Then, check your floppy and optical (CD/DVD/BD) drives for media and disconnect any external drives. Often times, the “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” error will display when your PC cannot locate and read the required files in your hard disk. By the way, you’d better check and fix all errors existing on your hard disk. Here, I take Windows XP as an example to show you how to do this job:
* Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk you want to check.
* Click Properties, and then click Tools.
* Click Check Now under Error-checking. Then a dialog box with the Check disk options will display:
->To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, you can simply click Start.
->To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
->To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.
-> Click Start and follow the on-screen steps to do the job for you.
Fourthly, the “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” startup error message may occur because some viruses disguise as some legitimate system files, so the system cannot find the original file when start up. Besides, the computer viruses can also cause slow system reaction and some other system errors to make your computer life a mess. To well protect your personal information and make the PC always run correctly, you have to run an antivirus antispyware program to thoroughly scan and remove all PC threats. Directly do it now and you can boot up computer & use it correctly all the time!
If you are not able to deal with the “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” error with the above solutions, the last step you should do is to check & fix registry errors. We know that Windows registry plays an crucial role in almost all Windows-based system as it is where the most essential data are stored which most programs need so as to run properly & smoothly; at the same time it also holds a large amount of the rubbish files which eventually slow down the computer and bring in kinds of unknown PC errors. As you uninstall a program or remove a file from the PC, some useless files will be left behind. And the accumulation of these trash data greatly affects the performance of the computer. If the system or some applications cannot find the required entries to start up the computer as usual, it will show a “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” error message. Simply run a registry fix tool and launch it to scan & fix all errors inside your Windows registry; then I believe you will be able to run the computer pleasantly all the time.
As what you can learn from the above discussions, a “Missing or Corrupt Error Message System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys” message can display under many circumstances due to various reasons. But it is not difficult to fix it at all if you come to my article here. Believe me; one of the solutions will work to solve the issue for you!
- How to Completely Uninstall and Remove DriverMax for Good
- Everest Ultimate Edition Uninstall Guide - Way to Remove Everest Ultimate Edition Completely
- Downloader.Puzby Removal - How to Remove Downloader.Puzby quickly
- How to Remove Website-unavailable.com instantly
- VLC Media Player Uninstall Tutorial - Recommended Way to Force Uninstall VLC Media Player
- Repair corrupt rundll.exe error - Solve rundll.exe error the simplest way
- How Can I Remove Trojan.Win32.Agent.fajk without Damaging PC
- How to Remove Trojan.Smoaler!gen44 completely
- Quick Heal Antivirus Pro Removal Instruction - Uninstall Quick Heal Antivirus Pro Easily