Upon starting up the computer or launching a certain program, I believe you may sometimes receive an error message similar to one of the following:
*“Lsass.exe: Entry Point Not Found: The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library Msvcrt.dll.”
*”Services.exe: Entry Point Not Found; The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library Msvcrt.dll.”
Typically, this Msvcrt.dll not found error message will happen when the system cannot find the specific dll file on the PC or when it is replaced with a third-party program that does not contain a _resetstkoflw. But how can you check and fix this Msvcrt.dll error easily?
Possible causes of Msvcrt.dll error
There may be several causes behind the Msvcrt.dll error. Some of these are:
*Windows’ File Allocation Table gets damaged
*Password lists are obtained by malicious people
*A specific Msvcrt.dll file gets corrupted
*Windows registry gets corrupted due to some means
*Your computer’s BIOS is incorrectly set
*Non-Microsoft software not running in tandem with Windows
*Presence of improper hardware driver software
*Malicious acts of viruses and spyware
How to solve Msvcrt.dll not found error?
To fix Msvcrt.dll error, the first thing you should do is to well protect for your computer from kinds of PC threats. Besides colleting/stealing users’ personal information, viruses and some other malware will severely attack and remove some files from the computer. When some shared Dll files are deleted from the computer, you will no doubt get the Msvcrt.dll not found error message once the system fails to recall it required files. This can be easily done by downloading and running a complete virus scan. By the way, to well protect your computer’s security, it is highly recommended that you should let your PC protection program always running in the background to realtime block and delete any threat to the PC.
If you are sure the Msvcrt.dll file is mis-deleted from the PC, you can re-register the dll file. When the dll file corrupt or broken, you can instantly re-register it on your computer. Some PC experts consider this task moderately easy, and can be easily taken even for new users.
*Go to Start, and then select Run.
*Type regsvr32 Msvcrt.dll
regsvr32 \ Msvcrt.dll into the search box.
*Press Enter to continue and follow the on-screen steps to go.
Note: where is the path to the file, and is the name of the file.
After the two above steps, it is highly advised that you can take several minutes to check and fix some hard disk errors & bad sectors. Such errors will stop the computer from correctly locating & launching to required files and eventually cause a Msvcrt.dll not found error message. To do this, follow the steps here:
*Double click to open “My Computer”.
*Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check and select Properties.
*Click the Tools tab, and then Check Now under Error-checking.
- To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. If not, the disk check will only report problemswithout fixing them.
- To perform a thorough disk check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This may take a much longer time as it will to find and repair all physical errors on the hard disk itself.
- To check for both file errors and physical errors, select the two options.
*Click Start and follow the on-screen prompts to finish this job.
Finally, troubleshoot and fix registry errors. Registry is central database where are all dlls and some other vital files & settings are store. When the registry keys related to any DLL is missing or corrupted, it may generate kinds of dll errors messages on your computer. To prevent from this problem and the Msvcrt.dll not found issue, you should scan and repair & fix all errors inside your registry database by using an efficient registry cleaner and PC optimizer.
I think, though sometimes you can ignore a dll error such as Msvcrt.dll not found error message at system startup, this does not permanently deal with the unknown errors on the PC. If cannot be repaired timely, an Msvcrt.dll error can bring in more serious damages to the PC. So directly perform the above steps and maintain your computer right now!
- Error code 51 - How to fix error code 51 in playing games?
- Completely Uninstall Multi Virus Cleaner with This Effective Instruction
- Sqlite3.dll missing - Simple solutions to sqlite3.dll error
- Best Tips to Uninstall Remote Registry Cleaner Completely from PC
- Error code 31 - Tutorials to fix error code 31 easily
- Outlook error 0X8004102A - Repair error 0X8004102A in Outlook easily
- How to Remove Backdoor.Korplug!gen2 completely
- How to Remove Trojan.Win32.Scar.dgje from Slow Computer
- Tips for Uninstalling Unwanted Elite Proxy Switcher on Windows