No sound from computer? It is an annoying problem that troubles thousands of computer users right now. I think that may drive you crazy when finding the sound has gone when trying to play your favorite movies or listen to your desired music. Actually, there may be various reasons behind the computer sound problem, but it can be easily fixed by following some steps and you can instantly get sound back to the computer.
Firstly, make sure your speakers are connected correctly to the computer when finding no sound from computer. On your speakers, simply find the cable that plugs into your computer. Check and make sure that that the speaker cable is plugged into the speakers and the correct jack on your PC.
Also, check and make sure that the line-in connection on your sound card are connected to a portable music player, microphone, or other audio input device correctly without problems. Most of the time, the line-in connection to the sound card is muted by default. Hence, if you plug an audio device into this port, you will get no sound until you enable sound for the line-in connection. To do this, just open Audio Devices and Sound Themes by clicking the Start button -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound. Here, you should click the Playback tab -> Speakers -> Properties ->click the Levels tab ->under Line In, click the Mute button to enable sound for the line-in connection. This simple step can sometime instantly get back sound for your computer.
If the two solutions above do not solve the problem, you need to check and verify that your computer drivers, especially computer sound card driver are updated to the latest version. Follow these steps to go:
* Click the Start Button and then Control Panel to the Right
* Click on System and Security, and then Device Manager. Enter your password if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation and then continue.
* Double click Sound, video and game controllers. If you have a sound card installed properly, then you can see it listed here. If there is something wrong with the device it will have a yellow”?” next to it.
* Right click the sound card and click Properties, click the General tab, and look in the Device Status box. If there is a problem, you may need to download and install a new driver.
However, some users will take it as granted that sound problem can only be caused by sound card problems without realizing that it can be caused by Windows registry. We know that Windows registry stores all the settings and options of the hardware & software on the computer; only with a clean registry database, can the system properly access all of its required entries and load the computer and hardware & software properly. So when realizing no sound from computer, besides checking & updating the needed drivers, what you still need to do is to scan and fix any registry errors on your computer.
If you have performed the above instructions but still no sound from computer, click here to get the best computer repair tool to help you troubleshoot and deal with all errors inside the machine. You will find it very easy to get sound back to computer with those steps, in my opinion.
- Steps to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Check Error Effectively
- Force Uninstall Panda Antivirus 2007 from Your System Immediately
- Windows Explorer has stopped working - Fix Windows Explorer problem quickly
- Backdoor.ciadoor - How to Remove Backdoor.ciadoor instantly
- XMD.dll is missing - Repair XMD.dll error easily
- 503 Service Unavailable error - Troubleshoot and fix it now
- How Can I Remove Trojan.Zatvex!gen6 from My PC instantly
- How to Uninstall Mozilla Thunderbird Quickly and Easily?
- How to Remove Home.myplaycity.com Redirect Virus instantly