Oftentimes, you use computer to listen to music or watch movies online; because of this, the computer makes our PC life more enjoyable and pleasant. However, one of the main problems that trouble with lots of music lover is that the computer has no sound at all! To be honest, “no sound on my computer” is not just your problem and there are many different reasons for your PC may no longer give sound. Here are some helpful tips that can work for you.
First of all, we know that why the computer creates sound has something to do with the sound driver on the PC. If the system cannot connect to the correct driver to produce a sound, you will soon suffer from a no sound problem. So, the first thing you should do is to check and update the computer sound driver to the latest one:
* Click the Start Button and then Control Panel to the Right
* Click on System and Security, and then Device Manager. Enter your password if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation and then continue.
* Double click Sound, video and game controllers. If you have a sound card installed properly, then you can see it listed here. If there is something wrong with the device it will have a yellow”?” next to it.
* Right click the sound card and click Properties, click the General tab, and look in the Device Status box. If there is a problem, you may need to download and install a new driver.
Also, you need to check the volume and make sure it is working properly without problems. To do this, simply go to the system tray and right click the volume icon and open the volume mixer to check that none of the programs/devices in there are muted. Then you can turn the volume up all the way and try to play some music to see whether your sound is back or not.
Thirdly, make sure your speakers are connected correctly to the computer. On your speakers, simply find the cable that plugs into your computer. Check and make sure that that the speaker cable is plugged into the speakers and the correct jack on your PC. This is what you should not ignore when asking “why no sound on my computer”.
Finally, make sure that all entries for the registry for Windows Media Player is always clean and compact. As you install Windows Media Player on the computer, it will automatically install some entries into the registry to tell the system how to perform the program properly. However, as you install/uninstall programs, add/remove files, the registry will be messed up due to invalid or broken entries. Such entries will stop the computer and the Windows Media Player to work smoothly. So the last step that you should do to get back your sound is to clean and fix all registry errors. If all programs including the Windows Media Player are able to access the registry database for necessary entries easily, your computer will create sound correctly without problems.
In my opinion, the most important thing to do when computer has no sound is to check & fix all existing computer registry errors. Click here to scan your PC now and get rid of all errors inside! Then, you will soon enjoy a PC without sound pleasantly!
- No sound from computer - How to get sound back to computer?
- Error 38 fix - Solve error 38 on your own
- Computer not booting up - Steps to boot up computer properly
- Removal of Ultimate Media Player - How to Uninstall Ultimate Media Player Thoroughly
- Error code 80710D23 - Detailed solutions to error code 80710D23
- Completely Uninstall Multi Virus Cleaner with This Effective Instruction
- Windows 7 startup error - How to get Windows 7 start up properly?
- Trojan-spy.html.fraud.gen Removal - How to Remove Trojan-spy.html.fraud.gen easily
- How to Remove W32.Extrat!gen1 Step by Step