Norton Power Eraser is a free, downloadable tool that will detect and remove computer virus and spyware. Whether you choose a free option or a paid subscription of Norton Power Eraser, you will need to uninstall it for reasons. How can you completely uninstall security program? Follow instruction below and instantly uninstall unneeded Norton Power Eraser from your computer. These tips are quick and easy to do.
Uninstall Norton Power Eraser with this Tutorial
1. Follow the steps below to start Task Manager:
For Windows XP: press Ctrl + Alt +Delete at the same time to bring out the Task Manager.
For Vista and Windows 7: right click on the task bar and then select Start Task Manager.
Or you can just click on the Start button, select Run, and type taskmgr in the open box.
2. End all related processes in Task Manager.
3. Open the Start menu again, and choose Control Panel.
4. For Windows XP, choose Add or Remove Programs.
For Vista and Windows 7, choose Uninstall a program.
5. Locate Norton Power Eraser in the list of currently installed programs, and select Change/Remove on Windows XP, or Uninstall/Change on Vista and Windows 7.
6. Follow the prompts to finish the removal.
But it’s often the case that parts of Norton Power Eraser will remain on your system. To manually remove all traces of Norton Power Eraser from your computer, you then need to go into “My Computer” and then browse to C:/Program Files/. This will bring up the name of all the program files. You can locate and select related Norton Power Eraser files, delete them from your PC by pressing SHIFT + DELETE. After you successfully delete the above files, restart your computer.
If you have problems or feel too demanding in deleting Norton Power Eraser as well as its entries and keys, just follow automatic removal below.
There is another effective but mush easier way for you to fully uninstall Norton Power Eraser- that is to enable a professional uninstall tool. Uninstaller tool, like Perfect Uninstaller can help you uninstall any unwanted program in an easy way. With it, you don’t have to worry about a wrong step to delete any entries.
1. Free download and install Perfect Uninstaller on your machine.
2. Restart your computer. You can Press F8 when the computer is booting up. Select Safe Mode in the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
3. Locate the Norton Power Eraser folder from your computer hard drives. Right click on the folder and select Force Uninstall.
4. Click Next and follow the on screen instructions to finish removal.
- Java incompatible magic value error - Common causes and solutions
- Error code 80710D23 - Detailed solutions to error code 80710D23
- Uninstalling F-PROT Antivirus - Detailed Tutorial for F-PROT Antivirus Removal
- Discussion about How to Effectively Uninstall 8start Launcher from PC
- CheeseSoft Released Perfect Uninstaller 6.2.3
- Windows error messages - Tips to prevent and get rid of Windows error messages
- Detailed causes and solutions to error code 0X80010108
- How can you resolve iTunes error 8012?
- How to get rid of Windows not genuine message in Windows 7?