Have you find it weird that even though you are connected to the Internet, some pages or websites cannot be opened correctly? Though the site is not down definitely, you still get a “Page not open” error message when trying to access it. What is up and what should you do when the website will not open? Just keep o reading and you will get some possible suggestions to visit all pages correctly without errors.
When you cannot open some pages due to the “page will not open” error message, you have to ensure that the Proxy settings on your computer are correct. If you are not able to connect to the Internet due to an incorrect Proxy setting, you will also fail to install the program onto your computer. To do this, go to Control Panel and then select Tools. Check all the internet options and Proxy options. Then you can refer to the Microsoft website to see if the settings are correct. If they are wrong, you can use the Microsoft resource to set them correctly for better instantly. Some incorrectly proxy settings will most of the time bring in the appearance of the website will not open error message.
Also, you can empty the cache. It is necessary to empty your cache from the computer when getting the “page will not open” error message. If not, such files will slow down or interfere with the normal functioning of your browser. Here are some simple steps you can follow to empty the cache:
*Go to Edit.
*Scroll down to Preferences.
*On the right you will see a window labeled Cache.
*Click on Empty Now.
*Click on OK.
Thirdly, you should download and run a powerful antispyware antivirus program to thoroughly scan your computer. Once any virus is detected, you should immediately remove them from your computer. Viruses are able to hijack your Internet activities and show a “page will not open” error or some other Internet Explorer error messages. By the way, to always visit your desired pages safely, you’d better let your antivirus program running in the background to realtime block & remove PC viruses.
If you still get the “page will not open” error message in visiting some pages on the computer, there might be something wrong with the Windows registry database. At this time, you can follow the solutions here to modify some registry entries so as to successfully get rid of the annoying error messages.
* Go to the Start menu, run, type “regedit” into the box.
*Press “Enter” to go.
* When the Registry Editor opens, double-click the following to find the value we need to change (called STATE):
*Right-click on STATE
*Delete the value (so it’s blank)
* Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
However, it is no safe to modify Windows registry manually by yourself. Acting as the main component of the Windows-based operating system, a simple mistake within the registry will make the computer to run improperly even crash. So it is highly recommended that you can download & run a registry repair tool to do the job for you. It will thoroughly scan your whole PC and get rid of all errors that stop you from visiting some pages correctly without the annoying “page will not open” error messages.
In conclusion, it will be very annoying to fail to access some desired pages correctly especially when you are searching for some rather important information. However, there is no need to worry about any more; with the above solutions, you can get rid of the “Page will not open” message instantly.
- Bubble Bobble World Removal - How to Force Delete Unwanted Bubble Bobble World
- How Can I Remove Trojan.Swaylib Step by Step
- How to fix error 0X800703e7? Easy solutions to error 0X800703e7
- My computer is very slow and how can I make computer run faster?
- Detailed Information to Uninstall Fresh Diagnose from Windows - Fresh Diagnose Removal
- What causes a file not to download? Things you should when can’t download a file
- Computer shuts down randomly - What to do when computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly?
- Is ccmexec.exe safe and how to repair ccmexec.exe error?
- Error code 0X8024402 repair - Fix error code 0X8024402 easily