When attempting to install a program on the PC, you will find the install process suddenly stop together with an error message appearing on the PC: “error 1311: Source not found”. Thus, they failed to complete the installation successfully. How frustrating it is to get such an error 1311 failed to complete installation when you are really in a need to install & run a specific program! But what should you do? Are there any quick steps to fix error 1311 on your own?
When getting the error 1311 error message, restart the computer and double click on the .exe file as well as right-clicking and choosing Run as Administrator with identical results. Sometimes, the error message was caused due to a temporary error on the PC and can be fixed simply after a system reboot.
Secondly, you need to make sure that the Windows Installer engine is functioning properly without errors. In many cases, an error or missing file within the Installer engine can bring in an error 1311 failed to complete installation error message to happen:
*Log on to your computer as an administrator.
* Click Start, and then click Run.
* In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
*At the command prompt, typemsiexec.exe /unregister, and then press ENTER.
* Type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
*Verify that the SYSTEM account has full control access permissions to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT hive in the Windows registry. To do this, you can directly follow these steps:
-> Click Start, Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
-> When the Registry Editor window appears, locate the following registry hive: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
-> On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
-> If SYSTEM is not listed in the Group or user names list, click Add, make sure that the local computer name appears in the From this location box, type system in the Enter the object names to select box, click Check Names, and then click OK.
-> Click SYSTEM in the Group or user names list, and then select the Full Control check box under Allow in the Permissions for SYSTEM box.
-> Click Apply and then OK to save your change.
- > Quit Registry Editor and reinstall the program again.
Do remember to back up the Windows registry before making any change; otherwise, it may bring in more serious errors if a system required entry was mis-deleted. However, if you do not have enough knowledge about the computer and how registry works, do not perform the above manual modification. A minor mistake will bring in more serious problems to the computer such as constant msstdfmt.dll error messages. At this case, it is highly advised that you can rely on an automatic registry cleaner to do the job for you. Such tool is well designed to thoroughly scan the whole PC and fix all errors insides. Besides, you should know that some other registry entries make stop you from installing some programs correctly and display an error 1311 message. A registry cleaner helps to completely scan the whole PC and get rid of all error inside this database, returning you an error-free computer all the time & allowing you to install programs successfully without a “failed to complete installation” message.
Keeping on getting an error 1311 failed to complete installation message and cannot install your desired programs successfully? Get the best computer repair tool here; it will completely scan the whole PC and repair all errors causing the installation problem within clicks.
- Deleting Hide Folders 2009 - How to Force Uninstall Hide Folders 2009 from PC
- Virus.Selfish.B Removal - How Can I Remove Virus.Selfish.B completely and quickly
- Simple Tricks to Fully Uninstall AOL Toolbar from Your Computer
- How to Remove Windows Premium Defender Rogue Program safely
- Opera Backup 2011 Uninstall - The Most Efficient Method Available for Opera Backup 2011
- Trojan.Zbot Removal Guide - Best Ways to Remove Trojan.Zbot from Your PC
- PC Tools AntiVirus Uninstall Tips - Methods to Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Completely and Quickly
- Wermgr.exe Application Error - Guides to fix wermgr.exe error instantly
- Detailed Information to Uninstall Fresh Diagnose from Windows - Fresh Diagnose Removal