There are many times for you to encounter a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error while using the computer due to many reasons. What usually happens together with a BSOD error is that the computer halts all operation, and a blue error screen will pop up & display the error that occurred instead of shutting down completely. One such error that many Windows 7 users encounter should be that reads “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE”. Remember that TDR is the Timeout, Detection, and Recovery component in Windows. If such a BSOD error cannot be fixed timely, what happens is that the Graphics Display driver for the installed graphics card stops responding and may bring in more serious error to the PC.
Sometimes, the “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE” BSOD error is just a temporary issue and can be fixed immediately after a system reboot. However, this is only for the first time to get the blue screen error. If you continuously get the blue screen error, try the below solutions.
Secondly, check what you have ever done on the computer. Sometimes, some incompatible graphics drivers and Wireless network drivers will stop the computer from running properly by showing a blue screen error together with a message saying “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE”. If this is the case, you can uninstall them immediately and re-install them again in compatible mode. To do this, you can simply follow the steps here:
* When downloading a driver, select to place it on the Desktop.
* Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options in from the appearing list.
* Click Apply/OK to continue.
* Right Click the file and select the “Run As Administrator” option to install it on your PC.
Same as the above reasons, you should go to the Control Panel and manually delete the unwanted programs. When there is not enough disk space or RAM for you to start up the computer, you will sooner or later to get the BSOD “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE” error messages. The unwanted programs will not only waste up your precious system hard disk space, but also eat up some system resource to make computer run slowly or cause the appearance of the blue screen error. Besides, it is best that you can remove the unnecessary junks from your hard disk to speed up and improve your computer performance.
Fourthly, completely scan the whole PC and get rid of all detected viruses. Viruses or malware are able to attack and destroy some needed files on the computer. Besides, they are able to add themselves automatically at system starts to waste up a large amount of system resources. When the system cannot run its required files, or when it fails to load the system/programs due to insufficient memory, the “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE” or other kinds of blue screen error just like STOP error 0X00000016 will happen. In this way, update your antivirus program and scan/remove all existing computer threats right now.
After all the above steps, you should check and repair registry errors. As the databank of Windows system, registry is used to keep the parameters and functions of all your system programs and device drivers so as to make the computer running properly or perform all your requests correctly. However, if some registry values and keys go wrong or deleted, it will implement the operations improperly by showing kinds of computer error messages like “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE” blue screen error… Even though you are not suffered from this blue screen error, it is highly recommended that you can run a registry cleaning tool to well maintain your PC performance.
To sum up, a Blue Screen of Death error with “VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE” message is quite common while using the computer. However, it is wise not to ignore those errors so as to maintain stable PC running and run the computer pleasantly all the time.
- Computer error 0X00000024 - Steps to get rid of code 0X00000024 blue screen error
- IRP Hook Rootkit - How to Remove IRP Hook Rootkit from Your PC
- Network DNS error - Fix it and surf the web easily
- Free Support for Uninstalling Spyware Process Detector from Your PC
- How to Remove Win 8 Security Suite 2013 from Computer
- Brand New Spyware Cease 6.0 Released - Specialized for Every Computer User!
- Spoolsv.exe application error - Solve spoolsv.exe error the simplest way
- File Pulverizer Removal Tips - Learn How to Uninstall File Pulverizer Immediately
- How to Remove Trojan.FakeAV!gen96 instantly