Smart Data Recovery is classified as a counterfeit system optimization program that targets on tricking you into purchasing the fake “registered” version, when it enters to your computer, it would produce a lot of exaggerated system error alerts, and advertisements to mislead you until you pay money to buy it. Therefore, it is indeed an emergency to remove Smart Data Recovery if you find it on your computer.
Opposite to what the Smart Data Recovery showing to you, this rogue program is actually not able to do anything related to the computer optimization such as system scanning, virus detection and removal, but it is the rogue one of its own, pretending to scan your computer, displaying the serious security warnings and strongly recommend you to buy Smart Data Recovery. If you really want to secure your computer system, please keep in mind that don’t believe any content the Smart Data Recovery showing to you, and just uninstall or delete Smart Data Recovery from your computer system as quickly as you can.
Method one: Manual removal way
This way is recommended to users who have basic pc knowledge such as task manager and registry editor. Though only 3 steps are involved, it may take a long time to complete the whole process.
Step1. Right click taskbar and select task manager. Find out Smart Data Recovery processes and click end process button
Step2. Click Start menu, go to Run, type in regidit and click OK button. Find out following registry keys and entries and delete them
Step3. Delete following files
Most important is you need to be very careful. If any file or registry item is left, the software will not be removed completely.
Method two: an antispyware program
This method is common and guaranteed. When your computer is infected by Smart Data Recovery, you should quickly run an antivirus program to get rid of the infection. I know many antivirus programs may be blocked and fail to remove the malware, so I recommend you to use Spyware Cease, which could remove Smart Data Recovery effectively in minutes.
1. Reset browser to download Spyware Cease. Or use another computer
IE: run IE – click on Tools – click Internet Options – go to Connections tab – click LAN settings button – uncheck the item Use a proxy server for your LAN – click OK to confirm your action.
2. Run the antispyware program to scan the whole system
3. Click remove button to get rid of Smart Data Recovery
4. Click check button to check detected unknown files
- Windows Update Error 800B0001 - Common causes and fixes
- Removing OTT Solutions Product Key Finder from Computer with Best Solution
- Begardin Toolbar Removal - How to Easily Uninstall Begardin Toolbar from PC
- Ecostartpage.com - How to Remove Ecostartpage.com Browser Hijacker easily
- How to fix ActiveX problems? Simple solutions to repair ActiveX error
- Uninstall Slim PDF Reader from Your Computer in an Easy and Fast Way
- How Can I Remove Google Toolbar? - Uninstall Instructions for Google Toolbar
- Trojan.Dialer - How to Remove Trojan.Dialer instantly
- The Fast Way to Uninstall Magic Translator from Windows