“BootMGR is corrupt. System cannot boot.”
Upon turning on the computer, users at sometime will get the above “BootMGR is corrupt” error message. Typically, this is an error that often happens on Windows 7 operating system, stopping the users from starting up/using the computer as usual. We know that BootMGR file is used to manage the system boot parameters and allow you to run your selected operating system problem. Thus, no matter whenever you get the above BootMGR error message, fix it as instantly as you can. Here, after taking about how to do when “Windows 7 is not shutting down properly”, I will show you how to fix such BootMGR error.
If your computer does not start up properly because of a “BootMGR is corrupt” error message, simply apply the Last Known Good Configuration. This option helps you to quickly get back your computer to the last status on which it is running properly without problem. To do this, you can directly perform the below steps:
* Restart the computer.
* When you see a screen saying that “Please select the operating system to start” message, press F8.
* When you are on the Windows Advanced Option Menu list, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER to continue.
* Then, follow the on-screen prompts to finish this process.
If the Last Known Good Configuration does not work, try the Recovery Console options which you can easily access via the F8 key. That is, as your system is booting up, right before or right when you see the manufacturer’s logo and before you see the Windows Logo, begin tapping the F8 key until you see a menu of white words on a black background. Then follow the steps here to go:
*Press a key to go.
*Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
*Click Repair your computer.
*Click the operating system that you want to repair, and click next to continue.
* In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
*Type Bootrec.exe, and then press Enter.
*Then type Bootrec.exe /FixMbr and press Enter to go.
* By following the above steps, you can instantly fix the PC startup errors and boot the computer correctly without a “BootMGR is corrupt “error message any more.
Thirdly, to prevent & get rid of the “BootMGR is corrupt” error message at PC startup, you still need to make sure that the computer is totally virus clean. A virus is a small piece of software that piggybacks on almost all computers without permission. For example, a virus might attach itself to a program such as a spreadsheet program; no matter whenever the spreadsheet program runs, the virus runs, too. Annoyingly, it has the ability to produce some risks to the computer just like attacking & removing any files from the PC, collecting & stealing users’ personal information, etc. When some system required files are removed from the PC, you will come to the chance to get various kinds of Windows error messages rather than an error message saying “BootMGR is corrupt. System cannot boot” at PC startup. In my opinion, a virus-clean is the best assurance to ensure the stable running of the computer.
Also, you should troubleshoot and fix Windows registry errors. The Windows registry basically lies at the core of windows to store all settings and options for all the hardware & programs on your computer. This way, the system will “remember” a number of different things even if it’s turned off to tell the computer when & how to perform every computer request correctly. However, it is quite easy for this database to become corrupt and damaged, making them extremely hard to read, making your computer slower and causing errors such as Windows “BootMGR is missing” error messages at system startup. Registry errors on your PC are the most frustrating problems that computer users face nowadays. But there is good news that you can instantly fix them with a registry repair tool. It will scan every registry file on the computer and fix them all within clicks.
Are you tired of the “BootMGR is corrupt” error message at PC startup? A simple way that you can do to fix it is to download and run the highly-recommended computer repair tool here. You can conduct a free scan through your whole PC and repair them all automatically. This way, all errors causing the BootMGR error will be fixed immediately.
- iTunes 10.7 Explorer.EXE error - What causes it and how to solve it?
- How to deal with Windows Media “Did not fit on device” problem?
- Tutorial on How to Force Uninstall Image Blender from Your PC
- Simplest Way to Uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition from PC
- Fully Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from PC within Minutes
- Deleting Hide Folders 2009 - How to Force Uninstall Hide Folders 2009 from PC
- How to Remove Scorecardresearch.com Redirect Virus easily
- No sound from computer - How to get sound back to computer?
- Eurograbber Removal - How to Remove Eurograbber Trojan completely