When opening the Mozilla Firefox, have you ever received the “Firefox is already running but not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process; restart your system.” However, sometimes when checking the Task Manager, there is no process but frequent “Firefox is already running” error messages. How can you effectively get rid of this error and run your Firefox properly all the time.
Sometimes, if you’ve just closed all your Firefox windows and quickly tried to re-open your Mozilla Firefox again, you will see the Firefox is already running error message. This is because the Firefox is still running in the background, performing a housekeeping task and saving your data before quitting completely. So the first thing you should do when facing with this issue is just to wait a few minute and try launching the browser again.
If you fail to re-launch the Firefox browser even though you have tried it a few minutes later, it may sometimes still run in the background. It may be frozen and using no system resources or it may be chewing up your available CPU time to make some other programs stop responding. If at this time, it is best that you can end the Firefox in Task Manager simply. To do this, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete together to bring in the Task Manager. Here, you can locate the Firefox process within the “Process” tab and simply click End Task to stop it from running. In many cases, a “Firefox is already running” error message will be solved instantly.
If the two steps above do not solve the “Firefox is already running” error, directly restart the computer. This is not a good idea but helps to deal with many computer errors. By restarting the computer, all computer processes including the Firefox.exe will be completely closed. Then, you may be able to launch it again after restarting the computer.
I know that many users are troubled with a “Firefox is already running” error right now and cannot launch the web browser properly. But there is no need to worry about this problem too much from now on! Just bookmark my post and you can instantly solve the problem easily on your own!
- How to Uninstall MindSoft Utilities XP - Easy and Free Solution
- Deep Online Scan - Spyware Cease 5.0 Released!
- 0X80070570 error in Windows - Solve Windows error 0X80070570 effectively
- Unhandled exception has occurred in your application - What should you do?
- ZipCentral Removal - How to Uninstall ZipCentral Completely from Your PC?
- How to Uninstall WinToFlash from Your PC - WinToFlash Removal Tutorial
- Free Tutorial on How to Uninstall IsoBuster Completely from Your Computer
- Laptop keeps freezing up - Stop laptop freezing issue easily
- Tutorial for Force Uninstalling Opera Widget Maker from PC