When opening the Mozilla Firefox, have you ever received the “Firefox is already running but not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process; restart your system.” However, sometimes when checking the Task Manager, there is no process but frequent “Firefox is already running” error messages. How can you effectively get rid of this error and run your Firefox properly all the time.
Sometimes, if you’ve just closed all your Firefox windows and quickly tried to re-open your Mozilla Firefox again, you will see the Firefox is already running error message. This is because the Firefox is still running in the background, performing a housekeeping task and saving your data before quitting completely. So the first thing you should do when facing with this issue is just to wait a few minute and try launching the browser again.
If you fail to re-launch the Firefox browser even though you have tried it a few minutes later, it may sometimes still run in the background. It may be frozen and using no system resources or it may be chewing up your available CPU time to make some other programs stop responding. If at this time, it is best that you can end the Firefox in Task Manager simply. To do this, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete together to bring in the Task Manager. Here, you can locate the Firefox process within the “Process” tab and simply click End Task to stop it from running. In many cases, a “Firefox is already running” error message will be solved instantly.
If the two steps above do not solve the “Firefox is already running” error, directly restart the computer. This is not a good idea but helps to deal with many computer errors. By restarting the computer, all computer processes including the Firefox.exe will be completely closed. Then, you may be able to launch it again after restarting the computer.
I know that many users are troubled with a “Firefox is already running” error right now and cannot launch the web browser properly. But there is no need to worry about this problem too much from now on! Just bookmark my post and you can instantly solve the problem easily on your own!
- Completely Uninstall Youtube Toolbar from Computer with Useful Methods
- PC Tools AntiVirus Uninstall Tips - Methods to Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Completely and Quickly
- Searchwebresults.com - How to Remove Searchwebresults.com from Your Browser
- Speed up boot time - Methods to make PC boot faster
- Best Choice to Uninstall ACDSee 10 Photo Manager from Computer
- How to Uninstall Advanced System Care - Complete Advanced System Care Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows Security Center Virus effectively
- Best Solution to Completely Uninstall SRS Audio Sandbox
- Spoolsv.exe application error - Solve spoolsv.exe error the simplest way